Airline Mogul Forum

Codeshare

Picky

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 08, 2012, 09:17:03 pm
Hi

I think that it would be a good idea to start a codeshare system so that if two airlines operate on the same route they can codeshare this route if they want to and gain a larger market share.
It could also include adding routes which airlines dont serve for instance if one airline flies from Heathrow to New York and a short haul only airline wants this route but can't afford the planes for it they could codeshare this route at a cost for the shorthaul airline or in exchange for a coadeshare the other way.

Look forward to hearing your comments
Picky

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 02:41:53 pm
Hello, and welcome to the forums!

I like your suggestion, but let me ask you a question; what would the benefit of a codeshare be?

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:38:48 pm
As you know, the value of a codeshare is probably much greater in the real world than it is in the AM world.

If you imagine the follow three flights:
LHR-TXL
LHR-OSL
LHR-JFK

If JFK-LHR is run by airline 1 and London to Berlin and Oslo is run by airline 2, then the revenue sharing sensibilities are clear, but Picky, how do you see this working in AM?

Is there greater demand? so that say airline 2 can boost prices because it has feed traffic from JFK-LHR-OSL and JFK-LHR-TXL? If there is greater revenue, how is it split?

Picky

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 12:23:09 am
Hi thanks for the comments, I would have to say that Calebrw would be on the right track and you could boost prices by 10% or something similar if you had a codeshare partner feeded into a city that you serve ith the code share flight and the other person would also get a 10% addition to the price because you would be feeding thier flight

Picky

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 12:26:22 am
So in your example airline 1 would be able to boost tiket prices buy 10% or something and airline 2 would be able to boost its prices on the codeshare routes by 10%
So if for instance LON-OSLO wasn't in the codeshare it would remain the same but f LON-TXL was in the codeshare it would be that flight that gets the boost

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk