Airline Mogul Forum

Real World(upcoming)

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 11:56:12 pm
Unless you're dead set on being the creator, I could probably open the world relatively soon. I currently have enough tokens to make the following:

Start Year: 2000
Game Length: 10 Years
Starting Gate: 2
Start Aircraft: 737-700 (or could do A319 instead)
Unlimited Bases/Unlimited Foreign
Starting Cash: 500,000
Maximum Players: 70

Let me know.

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 12:25:18 pm
Okay if you want to i'll make an airline list for ya!!  ;)

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 12:57:58 pm
Airline List:

Me:AirBerlin
Steex:UnitedAirlines
Zach21GF:KLM royal dutch airlines
Cygnuslafa:deutschelufthansa
Jayceon: JetBlue
Katve: SAS scandinavian airlines
OO-SCZ: BrusselsAirlines
Bindu: JapanAirlines

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 12:48:50 am
I will plan to create this world in two days, so everyone can go ahead and make their final plans!  Once I create it, I'll post back here with the info and password.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 02:15:12 am
I'd like to join as a regional airline in Denmark/Scandinavia. It'll probably be Cimber Air (before the Sterling merger) or Danish Air Transport. How free are we allowed to be compared to routing and fleet? And how about frequencies, should they be realistic?

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 06:01:15 am
The original intention (as I understood it) was to basically try to emulate the route map and fleet of a carrier, no particular concern for frequencies.  I'm not sure what players who enter as smaller carriers should do when they quickly outgrow their route map; I would think maybe adopt routes of an associated or partner carrier?  I wasn't sure how that would work, that's why I went ambitious with merged UA/CO so i wouldn't have to worry about it.  ;)

BTW, think there would be any interest in getting a Realistic World v4 off the ground sometime, Matias?  After pushing through smaller market carriers (like my Iranian airline), I might give something big a try for once!

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 06:35:39 am
The original intention (as I understood it) was to basically try to emulate the route map and fleet of a carrier, no particular concern for frequencies.  I'm not sure what players who enter as smaller carriers should do when they quickly outgrow their route map; I would think maybe adopt routes of an associated or partner carrier?  I wasn't sure how that would work, that's why I went ambitious with merged UA/CO so i wouldn't have to worry about it.  ;)
Charter routes maybe?

BTW, think there would be any interest in getting a Realistic World v4 off the ground sometime, Matias?  After pushing through smaller market carriers (like my Iranian airline), I might give something big a try for once!
When I gave v3 a go, it didn't get so much attention. I might try again though, I don't know what to do with my tokens :P

cygnusalfa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 02:34:18 pm
I expect 10 years to be more than enough to create the entire merged

10 Years are enough. If you play consistently you can get something like this:
Airline Mogul - See my airline

And this you can get after 2 Years starting with only a Fairchild Hiller F-27B
Airline Mogul - See my airline

I think the best way to Start is with the commuter routes. Cheap planes with short routes bring a lot of money back in short time.

My best plane in the second world is :
Fokker F27-500   €775,426

Thats much more as with my best jet.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:39:47 pm by cygnusalfa »

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 04:42:57 pm
10 Years are enough.

I agree, that's why I'm undertaking a large carrier.  I also typically avoid inefficient high capacity planes, but in matching the UA fleet, I will have to save up more to buy 747s and 777s.

At any rate, I will create this world today.  When I do, I will open a new thread with the info and password, as well as a list of the participants.  I'll post here with a link to that new thread.

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 11:52:30 pm
Private World #2396 - Real World has been opened.  I have opened a new thread discussing the creation of the world and copied danio100's list of airlines into that thread.  Please continue discussion there and I will try to keep the list of participants/airlines up-to-date.

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=13057.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk