Airline Mogul Forum

Aircraft Image on Buying Aircraft Pages

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
on: February 27, 2012, 08:58:18 am
I have seen advertisements on buy and sell magazines and websites wherein you can have a first impression of what you'll get when you buy an item, like what you'll see on Amazon and other retail websites nowadays. for example, when you want to buy an XBox, you'll see there an image of the actual XBox, along with its box and features.

I would like to see whatever I see on the Aircraft description page to be seen on the Buying an Aircraft page as well so that players would be reassured of what aircraft they'll be getting (as if they will get it in real life), rather than computer-generated black and white sketches that only show one side of the plane. If possible also, show the frontal, top-side, and engine views of the plane (a.k.a. 3D view) that would allow players to decide if that aircraft is worth buying for, instead of guess what airline they'll be getting (in that case, many aircraft have no corresponding model picture that players can look at and inspect before buying). Not only it will orient players to seeing what their aircraft would look like; it will also allow them to compare and contrast different aircraft according to an image (with all the description included). remember that a picture speaks a thousand words, so I would like to see this happen in the future if you have a chance.

In the process, can you also add other aircraft images related to what AM sells to its players too?
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 09:28:55 am
Well, feel free to contribute aircraft pictures that conform to that idea, and that you have the copyright on ;) Seriously though, it's a good suggestion that would, IMO, add to the feel of the game, but getting those pictures for the 800-something individual aircraft we have in our database, not counting all engine options, without copyright issues is not realisticly possible I think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk