Airline Mogul Forum

Aircraft Earnings screen

davecummings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Plane Spotting for the digital age
on: December 15, 2011, 08:38:38 pm
How about this :

I currently use an excel spreadsheet that calculates the following (amoungst ither features) - (if anyone wants a copy of this please pm me and i will email it to you)
1 - When an aircraft earns its own purchase value
2 - When an aircraft earns double its own purchase value.
3 - Sale value of the aircraft

This allows me to realise when the plane has paid for itself, doubled the value and how much it was sold for, essentailly showing you the profits that aircraft has made over its life with your airline. I use this to see when I can sell the aircraft which is when it doubles its own value, allowing me to have a young fleet which is contantly being re-newed. This isnt fool prove at all as if you close a route or a route changes and the costs change it changes the overall earnings but you get the idea.

What this doesnt take into account is the maintenance which would also be a VERY valueable feature.

My feeling was to add this to the view_aircraft.php page under the option to view more detailed information on the aircraft.

whats your ideas?

Hvaing made a few websites myself I dont think this would be too hard to implement as we already have the aircrafts monthly earnings, all this needs is another table where by at the end of each month the earnings are added to a field -
id - record ID
pw - world ID
ac -  aircraft ID
owner - your airline ID
value - the value in euros

This value can then be taken to the webpage view_aircraft.php, where it would show the aircrafts current maintenance cost subtract it from this and show you the planes overall earnings?
Plane Spotters Log
-------------------------------------
www.planespotterslog.co.uk

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 09:55:48 pm
The statistics side of AM is something that needs to be improved amongst other things.

We have got some columns setup in the database already for lifetime profit and maintenance. The issue with maintenance is that its calculated on an airline's fleet as a whole and not individual aircraft. That's why the figure jumps depending on what happens (old aircraft leave, high value new aircraft arrive in) etc. In order to fix the maintenance issues we need a host of new statistics to be recorded and analysed in an efficient manner and the stats will obviously be coming first.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk