Airline Mogul Forum

Why is the Airbus A300B1 in the game?

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
on: May 20, 2011, 07:30:28 pm
I know that we're capable of going past the actual number of planes a manufacturer built, but it seems strange to have an aircraft in the game of which only two were actually built in real life, one of which was just the prototype. Airbus' first plane should be the A300B2.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:03:44 pm
Didn't they both enter service?
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 12:16:41 am
According to Wikipedia only one did.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 11:33:45 pm
Sorry for entering in a rather old topic, but if you look, you'll notice a TON of aircraft that never made it past the Prototype stage in the game or only had a very small amount built. These include the PZL MD-12, the Bushmaster 2000 (only 2 built), Tupolev Tu-70, Tu-110, The original IL-18 (the one introduced in the early 1950s, not the later, very different aircraft, thought that was introduced in 47'), the now cancelled Tu-334 (2 built), AIDC XC-2 and the DC-1 (only 1 built). And that is a handful of what I know right off the top of my head!

But I don't have a problem with that, it does expand the amount of aircraft we can get, and show somewhat of an alternate reality of how it would be if these aircraft did make it past those low build schemes. Afterall, there are also a lot of conversion aircraft (like the various DC-3 T-props and the Valsan 727s, none of which I believe were built new.) As long as the aircraft isn't filled with "paper airplanes" (aircraft that never had reached the prototype stage), I suppose there isn't a problem!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk