Airline Mogul Forum

Aircraft in use that were not available to purchase

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: August 24, 2007, 11:42:19 pm
Just a heads up, if you own an aircraft like a Concorde these aircraft will be removed shortly. Anyone found using these are abusing a bug but did not report it, therefore this is regarded as cheating. Scrapping aircraft is acceptable, but brokers are not allowed to use these either. The bug ingame that allowed this to happen should be removed.
This only applies to aircraft withdrawn before the year 2000.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

fresh

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 12:09:18 am
:lol:

I'd like to make a Plea for my Comet,

I Bought the Comet on the open Market, it's the Flagship for my Airline (as you can see from my signature picture below)

i didn't know that it was cheating, if i did i wouldn't have bought it. So, to have an aircraft that really existed is cheating?

E.G. (757-200s aren't available, yet lots of people own them, are you going to remove them too?)

E.G. 2 (in the Real world, airlines all across the world operate daily passenger and/or cargo flights with B707s, 737-100/200s, etc) yet you can't buy them from the manufacturer anymore, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to use the a/c anymore, it just means that you operate outdated a/c, so what's the problem?

(i don't want to go up against the higher powers here, but maybe having these older a/c is a good thing - it adds a bit of realism to the game in the way that older and newer a/c have been mixed up together)

anyway, the bottom line of my post is, don't get rid of the aircraft, this game can be that much more fun with them,

does anyone agree with me?

:cry:
New Slogan: Fresh! Airlines, Generally Better Than You.

A British Airways Long Haul Galley Bitch :)

zvezdaman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 12:11:46 am
I agree. Fresh is absolutely right.

There are so much airlines in the real world that take advantage of aircraft that had ceased production many years ago. Why can't we do it on AM? There is no noticeable downside or problem with the idea, in my eyes.

Oyeah, and anotha thing..

I don't own any aircraft that I'm not supposed to have :roll:  :wink:
b]Aviosvet Interkontinental[/b]
Proud member of the Worldair Alliance
ID: 1901

Visit the Worldair Alliance's Forums: http://worldair.freeforums.org/index.php

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 12:12:13 am
This is only applicable to those aircraft that were withdrawn before the year 2000. I never made that clear, my appologies.
Stephen Murphy

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 12:18:31 am
Quote from: "zvezdaman"
There are so much airlines in the real world that take advantage of aircraft that had ceased production many years ago. Why can't we do it on AM? There is no noticeable downside or problem with the idea, in my eyes.

Ah but thats where the technicalities come in. I have nothing against owning aircraft that are out of production, its when you order Concordes brand new in the mid-2000's is when I have a problem. As stated I do plan for future rounds to have old aircraft available, but they will have 10 years or so on the "clock" already and not brand new. As a result it will be realistic and I would welcome that.
Stephen Murphy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk