Airline Mogul Forum

Plane Scheduling

Hockeylad777

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 23, 2011, 11:48:55 pm
So my new airline Oahu Air is up and running and almost ready to purchase some 737-700's. So while I was checking out routes from Honolulu and Kahului to the west coast the flights times were interesting. They all had a block time of just over 12 hours which means I can fly 1.5x and then theres really no place to send the plane for the net 6 hours. I checked out the A319 and same thing. The only aircraft that can do these trips 2x's is the A318 and the MD-87. I would like to use a realistic flet of mostly boeing aircraft so the A318 is pretty much out. Plus the MD-87 has never been granted ETOPS rating. So should I reconsider my fleet options if not what do I do with those 6 hours  when I fly 1.5x to the closest airport with a million passengers.

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:12:37 am
So my new airline Oahu Air is up and running and almost ready to purchase some 737-700's. So while I was checking out routes from Honolulu and Kahului to the west coast the flights times were interesting. They all had a block time of just over 12 hours which means I can fly 1.5x and then theres really no place to send the plane for the net 6 hours. I checked out the A319 and same thing. The only aircraft that can do these trips 2x's is the A318 and the MD-87. I would like to use a realistic flet of mostly boeing aircraft so the A318 is pretty much out. Plus the MD-87 has never been granted ETOPS rating. So should I reconsider my fleet options if not what do I do with those 6 hours  when I fly 1.5x to the closest airport with a million passengers.

So you're looking to use 737-700s? In that case why don't you run your 1.5x, and then replace your interisland service A319s with 737-700s (and sell them to me :P), and then use the 737s to the 9 Hawaiian airports with under a million pax/year?

Hockeylad777

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 12:20:28 am
I'll sell them to you after their leases are up/ when aircraft are returned and the 737's and A319's are too large to run a lot of frequencies inter-island. I might set up a base in the continental US to run flights to with the aircrafts 6 hours.

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 12:48:54 am
I'll sell them to you after their leases are up/ when aircraft are returned and the 737's and A319's are too large to run a lot of frequencies inter-island. I might set up a base in the continental US to run flights to with the aircrafts 6 hours.

Then for realism's sake, you might want to use Dash 8 Q400, which many real world Hawaiian operators do. And if you want a stretch on Realism; Mesa Airlines, which runs a Hawaiian airline (GO!), also has a base in PHX as US Airways Express. Otherwise; why don't you just build your SNA hub?

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 01:08:25 am
You could be like Hawaiian Airlines and use 717s for inter island flights, 767s for flights to the continental US, and then do a spin off of an airline such as Southwest airlines routes and use 737-400s and 737-700s for flights within the continental US. It would allow you to use only boeing aircraft wich is something I know you're interested in doing.  :D

Hockeylad777

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 01:15:37 am
I am going to the dash 8 family for inter-island flights so I can achieve the amount of frequencies I want and then as you guys have suggested open a continental US base where all the aircraft with extra hours will be flown through and onto a new destination.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 08:40:20 pm
It's possible to use all 737NG aircraft, the 737-600 for inter-island flights, 737-700 for inter-island flights to airports with more passengers, and 737-800 for US continent flights. The 737-800 I think is actually capable of flying from Hawaii to continental US destinations on the west coast like LAX and SFO, and it's even possible for a 737-800 HGW to fly from Honolulu to Tokyo, or another Japanese destination. You can even consider the same type of aircraft to fly from Honolulu to Mexico City, and 767 and 777s are great planes for European flights from Hawaii and some Asian routes with large passenger numbers, and from Hawaii to US intercontinental airports like JFK, LAX, or MIA
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk