Airline Mogul Forum

[Fixed] Profit not consistent

homsar

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 02, 2011, 05:49:49 am
When I view an airplane's routes, I will often see a profit that is higher than when I edit the same route.  Is there some reason for that?  In one case, the airplane shows a profit that is $4000 higher than what I see when I look at the route's details.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:13:05 pm by StephenM »

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 07:23:42 am
When you edit the route, a number of factors may be involved that raise the possible ticket price (demand). You may have opened more routes from your hub, which increases the number of connecting passengers, which increases demand and raises the ticket price.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

homsar

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:02:56 pm
I am not talking about changing ticket prices (that would be obvious, I mean...seriously).

When you first click "edit" the ticket price doesn't change.

In one example, on the aircraft summary/route summary screen, a particular route's profit is $73,048.  When I open that route and click edit, *without changing anything* the route's profit appears on the edit route screen as $70,906 (the load factor is 100%).

I raise the fare on the route a bit, and the new profit is now $73,260 (still 100% load factor).  When I refresh the aircraft summary screen, the route's profit is now listed as $75,401.

Yesterday, I did a bit more experimenting, and found that for the routes that I was editing, flown by 757-200s, in each case the profit on the aircraft summary page was $4,302 higher than the profit listed on the edit route page.

In the example I used above (with an F-100), the difference is either $2141 or $2142, both before and after the fare change (I'm thinking there's an internal rounding going on that is accounting for the $1 difference).

So, clearly the aircraft summary/route summary screen is using a different "profit" than the edit route screen is.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 10:41:38 am
I will look into the logic and see where the problem is.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 10:12:53 pm
The aircraft information page was leaving out one of the expenses. It was simply a bug on that display rather than a problem with the game, the daily update script was correct.

Thanks for the report.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

homsar

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:59 pm
I found one other spot where this still exists.  On the view aircraft page (listing all airplanes), you still have the higher daily profit.  Once you click on the aircraft, you see the correct daily profit for that individual plane.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk