Airline Mogul Forum

What do I do next?

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 29, 2011, 03:03:57 am
Ok so I've got my basic stuff done.

5x 727-200's (these were the startup aircraft)

They are all currently running at full force each day.

My DOC is: 1,548,300

Right now my bank Balance is: just over 51m

Should I buy some cheap aircraft or wait a real life day or 2 and then buy a few more expensive aircraft. I'm looking at the 737-500 is this a good idea?

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 03:14:20 am
Please include a link to your airline as well as some sort of outline of your airline to help us help you!

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 03:24:46 am

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 08:05:31 am
You might want to buy some 50-seat propeller aircraft. Then use premium gate search (if you can afford it) to make routes 500 nm from SF. Try to use up as much time as possible on your aircraft.

When you have a higher DOC, you can buy some small jet aircraft - if you want to use the money you have right now, use it on that :)

May I ask what year you're in?

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:53:59 am
1991 and its the 17 of march. So bassically your telling me to buy a few ATR 72-210's or Fokker 50's. Although, based on the price and what I'd be doing with them, the ATR's seem like a better idea right?

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 09:00:05 am
1991 and its the 17 of march. So bassically your telling me to buy a few ATR 72-210's or Fokker 50's. Although, based on the price and what I'd be doing with them, the ATR's seem like a better idea right?

Yes, buy the ATR-72. Or maybe the BAe ATP. Something with around 60 - 70 seats costing less than 15 mio. Then open routes to every airport within 750 nm with them.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 09:15:26 am
I just bought 4 ATR 72's! I plan on using them to fly populer routes from SFO to place in the LA area (other than LAX... it costs too much atm) Such as Burbank, Long beach, and Orange Countie. As well as some from SEA to places in the bay area including, SJC, and OAK. possibly SMF but im not sure yet. With those flights running that should boost my DOC to 2 mil hopefully.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 09:19:15 am
Do you use Gate Search?

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 09:32:26 am
Un fortunately, all I use is the regular one. Those are all the major airports with acception of a few that i am purposefully not flying to yet or that I already have a route to within 700 miles of SFO and SEA

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 09:49:57 am
Do you have enough tokens for the premium? It costs 60 tokens. It is one of the most useful tools in AM - you can search for gates a certain distance from you, sort the results by distance, passengers and more.

I can't live without it :P

The big airports, although it costs more to rent, you earn more than the costs, so if I were you, I'd already be flying to the big airports. But if you want to play realistic, it is okay ;)

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 07:45:01 pm
Do you have enough tokens for the premium? It costs 60 tokens. It is one of the most useful tools in AM - you can search for gates a certain distance from you, sort the results by distance, passengers and more.

Totally agree! Seriously East West Airlines, once you get those 60 tokens, the premium gate search will be the best token-investment you could ever do :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk