Airline Mogul Forum

Replacing Aircraft

kccl35

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 02, 2010, 02:45:52 pm

I've been pretty sick and tired of having to replace my aircraft every 5 years or so (60 odd days). If I don't they'll grow old and then cost way more to maintain. Its really a headache when we have to replace one route at a time, with the same flight no (I like that), especially if its a short haul jet, which can have as many as 15 routes. Multiply this by about 10 planes (on average), we have a few hours which could be well, better spent

So I think that there has to be a method of replacing routes faster. yes, I am aware of the "restart route with different aircraft" button, but to me, it makes things worse.

So, what's your take on this?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 03:16:40 pm
Can you explain why the "recreate route" functionality makes route swapping worse? With that functionality, I can close and recreate a route in about 15 seconds. 30 seconds if the aircraft are different models.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Unknown98

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Quamu
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 02:30:00 pm
I know what you mean about replacing routes, although I recently discovered that you don't have to set a flight number manually, and now it takes 15 secs :p

Yes, please explain how the recreate routes makes it worse, I'm not sure what you mean there.
Olympus Airways: PW #1291
ID: 18849

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk