Airline Mogul Forum

Maintenance costs inconsistencies

andagra

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 04, 2010, 01:01:54 am
Hello,

I am having troubles to reduce my maintenance costs. I have already replaced most of the aircrafts, sold a great number of old ones and My maitenance costs grows every months not reflecting any changes. Besides that, on the Operation Department screen, checking the " extraordinary transactions", I can`t see the results of all the aircraft sales over the last days. I have already sold more than 25 aircrafts since the last one registered on that page.

Airline Name: TransAtlantic Airways
ID: 31584
World: PW#923. 20 Year Challenge 1989 - 2009

Thanks in advance

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:36:49 am
RE: Aircraft Sales. Having a quick look at your sale log vs your cashflow's there seems to be a large discrepancy. I wont be able to look into it more until tomorrow however. There are a few issues that I will investigate once I get a chance to, hopefully we can fix the problems on a go-forward basis, (ie They will work from now on, but where it already occurred we cannot do much more).
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

andagra

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 01:41:00 am
Thank you!!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 09:28:56 am
I did get to look at this yesterday, but have not yet uncovered the problem. I will be continuing to look into it when I get a chance.
Stephen Murphy

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 10:00:48 am
I have had some maintenance problems in World 82.
They went DOWN from around 1.45 billion to 360 million over night.
I don't think I had scrapped any aircraft or purchased any new ones on that day or the day before, and if I had it was not nearly enough to cause this much of a drop.
However, please take as much time as you need to fix the problem, in fact, if you defer it a few weeks, I won't be complaining!
Thanks,

ID: 10349

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:09:34 am
However, please take as much time as you need to fix the problem, in fact, if you defer it a few weeks, I won't be complaining!
ID: 10349
:lol: I'll get to it when I can.
Stephen Murphy

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:54:19 pm
I've fixed a bug that may have caused the Cashflow problem. So that should start pulling data again. As for maintenance, thats another issue I believe.
Stephen Murphy

xeraphim

• Airline Operative
  • Silky services
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 08:52:34 am
I've facing the same maintenance problems as andagra.
World #923
Airline Name : Aero Europa
ID : 29964

I do have sold more than half of my fleet and renew them with more capable and newer aircraft.
The maintenance cost still flow even goes up.
I also try to decrease the maintenance by scrapping the aircraft ;however, it still rises.

Please check it for me
Thank You in Advance.
W799: Zenith International Airline [ZN] : "Fly with us as smooth as Silk."
PW#923 : Aero Europa : "A Smooth in the Sky."

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 12:58:52 pm
If you upgraded your old aircraft to more expensive aircraft, you may find your maintenance will go up (although one would expect your revenue to also go up).

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 08:46:48 pm
Hi,

I'm in the same world, PW#923. 20 Year Challenge 1989 - 2009, and I have the exact same problem. I scrapped 8 777-300ER's, couple A340's and some A321's and my maintenance did not decrease. I also returned around 20 gates and my gate rental fees did not decrease either. So I keep paying for planes/gates I do not even own anymore. This is quite an annoying bug and this costs millions for me since I wanted to close my 2 foreign focus cities to open 4 domestic focus cities. So if I would do that, I will keep paying for all those gates I used to fly to plus the new domestic gates. This makes it quite unplayable for me... Can you guys please solve this bug.

World: PW#923. 20 Year Challenge 1989 - 2009
Airline: NLA

Cheers.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 01:49:30 am
You will have to wait until the next game month for your maintenance/gate costs to be reduced. These costs are charged at the beginning of the month, you will only see changes to your balance sheet when the next game month starts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk