Airline Mogul Forum

Ticket Price vs. Distance from Hub, Available Passengers at Destination, etc.

TWA · 3 · 865

TWA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Has anyone come up with an algorithm or equation to predict (approximate) Ticket Price between any two airports with any airplane (without competition)... Ticket Price vs. Distance from Hub, Available Passengers at Destination, Aircraft Seats, and Available Passengers at Hub?

I’ve experimented and found that Ticket Price vs. Distance from Hub is fairly linear: y = 0.2232x + 567.55 ("y" is Ticket Price and "x" is distance (nm), 30 passenger plane from a ~50mil passenger hub and ~120K passenger destination).

Ticket Price vs. Available Passengers at Destination is not as linear: y = 0.000008x + 609.94 ("y" is Ticket Price and "x" is Available Passengers at Destination, 30 passenger plane from a ~50mil passenger hub at ~230 nm from hub).

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Aircraft speed is also taken into consideration.

I've never bothered trying to figure out the algorithm, but I don't believe it to be a linear equation.

Don't forget... when you add your first round, then add a second route, you can actually increase the fare on your first route due to the hub effect.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

TWA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Thanks pseudoswede… I didn’t know Stephen added a hub effect. I’m assuming it’s quite small since I haven’t noticed it.

From observation, I’m not sure that speed makes a big difference other than allowing you to create more routes with the same aircraft (e.g. hub effect). Argosy 671 Commuter and SE 210 Caravelle Super 10B seem to generate the same ticket price.

It would be nice to know if someone is willing to share an estimator they use for the game that is about 95% (or better) accurate… or help work on one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk