Airline Mogul Forum

Frequency vs Multiple Routes

Nime · 3 · 1338

Nime

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 22, 2010, 08:04:58 am
Hi Reader's!

I've just started with the game and red through the manual (most of it...).
I read that it is better to keep the frequency on 1 but serving multiple airports with the same aircraft.  Is that correct?
If so, how should I do this? Should I serve multiple airports departing my homebase (eg. Basel - Paris / Paris - Basel and then Basel - London / London - Basel on the same day)  or should I create routes which serve different airports before they lead back to my homebase (eg. Basel - Paris / Paris - London / London Basel)?

I hope you understand my question :)

Greez
Nime

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 09:31:00 am
Welcome to AM!  :lol:

Yes, it is better to keep your routes down to 1 freq which means it's a return flight, i.e creating a route from your base to an airport on freq 1 means that it's a return so the aircraft returns to your base. So when you create the next route with the same aircraft, it will be from your hub and not from the destination airport.

So this is what you do in relation to your post: Create one route on freq 1 from Basel - London and then Basel - Paris and then obviously add more routes to fill up the flying time of the aircraft. (Assuming Basel is your base??)

If you want the aircraft to serve different airports before returning to your base, you will need to have a base at each airport where the flight will take off, i.e. London - Paris and then Paris - Frankfurt for instance, means you will have to have a base at London and a base at Paris to launch the flight from Paris or be part of an alliance who has got a base at Paris, which means you can launch an alliance flight. That is why when you create a route on freq 1, the aircraft returns to it's starting point which means you can create another few routes from your base again to different airports.

Does that make sense?

Nime

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 09:36:10 am
Yes, and it sure helped me! So in the beginning it doesn't make sense or is impossible to make multiple destination routes. Just multiple routes departing from my homebase.

Thanks for your help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk