Airline Mogul Forum

How To Pick Routes

Shawn67

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 19, 2010, 05:38:46 pm
Is there an easy way to pick a route based on distance? For instance, if I have an aircraft with a range of 1050km, is there a way to find all destinations "within" that range without reasearching all routes 1 at a time? Thanks for the help. I'm new to the game, but really enjoying it so far.
Shawn

crower21

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:54:03 pm
If you have enough free tokens (60) then you can use a more advanced version of the Gate Search tool found under the operations tab. Otherwise it would be a case of researching each route individually.
PW2180

Shawn67

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 06:00:15 pm
Okay, thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can find some kind of off-site resource that can be used then. Searching all possible routes 1 at a time seems a little much to me.
Shawn

tadams

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 04:22:13 am
I usually base my airlines off a real one, the routes they run, their hubs and aircraft.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 05:04:19 am
There is a website that can find all airports within a certain range of another airport.

And, if you're resourceful, the basic gate search is all you need to search by distance.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 09:51:34 am
Depending on when you registered, new players have 7 days to try out premium gate search for free.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:21:14 am
I am usually based out of one of the major US cities and if it is an area not familiar with I'll pull up a map of the country. Every major city and secondary city has an airport. This might be a silly but that's how I roll :)
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

Shawn67

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 03:36:40 pm
There is a website that can find all airports within a certain range of another airport.

And, if you're resourceful, the basic gate search is all you need to search by distance.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. The gate search function is exactly what I was looking for, guess I overlooked it somehow in the beginning.
Shawn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk