Airline Mogul Forum

Misc Options !!

Jet22

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 29, 2009, 06:29:15 pm
Good Evening,

I am new to the whole airline mogul thing. Currently I am in public world 1154 running from LBA (Leeds) to Amsterdam on a 2 frequency, Jersey on 1 and Glasgow on 1.

I would like to know how you increase Misc costs. Am currently running at a loss (which is expected) but projected loss is nearly -£254,734. That’s ok but how do I increase the Misc Costs. I have looked at the Manual but I can’t seem to grasp how to do it.

Please may anyone help?

Thank you
Nick
ID35505

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 06:43:55 pm
First look at your airline, your aircraft is under-utilised, so I would recommend you get it running on more routes. The Misc expenses are a mixture of in-flight service charges and airport fee's (Passenger handling, landing fee, parking fee).

Once you get more routes you'll be able to boost your revenues and hopefully turn a profit. You will make the most profit typically off 1 frequency flights, as it will be better to open up a second new route than add a second frequency to an existing flight.

Good Luck.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:04:00 pm
You can also increase your misc. revenue by selling food/drinks onboard. You do this by clicking on the Admin tab. However, you don't make much money from these sales - don't expect it to save your airline, just to give you some extra pocket money.

The best way to make money is very short routes, with small planes, to the nearest airports at 1 frequency.
By the way, what part of the manual did you find difficult to comprehend?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk