Airline Mogul Forum

shutting down a rival airline

cadman3

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 14, 2010, 12:28:05 am
Forgive me, as Im sure this has been asked/discussed before.

Im playing in a world where my Brother has decited to join in.

In the game I am playing I have over 50 routes and I am bringing in about 1.8 million a day. I have an unsuspecting rival (my brother) that I would like to shut down. How would I accomplish this?

My brother only has aprox. 7 routes. Ive been trying to think of how I could bankrupt his airline and in order to do it, my thinking is that obviously I need the cashflow to sustain my airline while I open a new base and open routes to directly comepte with his airline.  If I open routes competing with him and I charge say 1 dollar for the tickets and Im running large capacity aircraft on these routes would that get the job done????

Thanks in advance for any help!

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:30:19 am
If you want to shut him down run the routes with large aircraft or multiple frequencies with the same size aircraft as him. Do not charge 1 dollar for the ticket but instead get 100% load factor. before you make the route check his airline's load factor in the rankings and then check it again when the route is made if his load factor is the same then lower your prices.

p.s what world is this in? I would be willing to join it and help you out.

cadman3

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 05:58:24 pm
I would appreciate the help! pw #1100 dawn of the jetliner. He is LLB airlines out of DEN.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 06:55:37 pm
1. It's nearly impossible to bankrupt another airline by way of fare wars.
2. With that low of a DOC, you'll be in danger of hemorrhaging money after paying maintenance and excess gate rental fees while running low-profit routes.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk