Airline Mogul Forum

Missing aircraft

Mystère

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 08, 2009, 08:04:44 pm
Hello to all, I'm new to AM. 8)

Very interesting (addicting ?) game, I noted that many aircraft were not in the database though, some of them being quite important in civil aviation history. Those I noticed as missing :

Latécoère 28
Junkers F.13
Wibault 282/283
Sud-Ouest SO.30P
Potez 62

Were they only forgotten or are they missing due to a lack of data ?

I also noticed that prototypes-only aircraft were included, like the Bristol Pullman, NC.211 Cormoran, or Shangai Y-10. Doesn't this bring some unbalanced situations as these aircraft were never used by airlines ? (my opinion being that there was good reason for them to remain only prototypes)

A last question : is there any plan to implement a kind of production limit ? It is quite weird to see thousands of aircraft delivered within a couple of years.

Thank you and keep up the good work !  ;)

Shawa

• Airline Operative
  • Worldair Alliance
    • View Profile
    • Worldair Alliance
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:25:21 pm
AFAIK there's no plan to implement a cap on model production, there is however plant to introduce a command book for every airline. That would slow airlines receiving 50 planes at once. (at least that's what i understood)

Alouette Aviation - Österreichische Wetterstrecken - Blå Løve Luftveje - Imperskiye Nebesa

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 03:33:13 am
First, Shawa means order book, instead of command book.

Those aircrafts (and many others in the same era) were bypassed because we couldn't find sufficient / reliable data for them. Most of the time, there are one or two data entries that we couldn't find. We still have a full list of bypassed aircraft, but unless we could find the missing data, they would not be in the database.

Prototypes only aircrafts are in our database because not all failed prototypes were rejected due to technical reasons. As long as they were safe, then they should be in the database. Our theory is that if the airlines at that time chose another aircraft model(s) for economical reasons, the airlines in the game should probably do the same as well. And if the prototypes failed to get produced due to bankrupcy of the manufacturer, that doesn't mean that the plane itself wouldn't be good. They are in the database to give you all the option.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:47:15 pm by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Shawa

• Airline Operative
  • Worldair Alliance
    • View Profile
    • Worldair Alliance
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:13:55 pm
 :-[ Sorry, bad translation from the french term carnet de commande, which is in fact an order book.

Alouette Aviation - Österreichische Wetterstrecken - Blå Løve Luftveje - Imperskiye Nebesa

idefelipe

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 12:46:25 pm
Hi there,

The production limit could be great, for example.. Airbus could produce 5 A320 per month or per year (game time, of coruse) or some limit like that.

That limit will make new strategies and alliances :D Well, it's only a suggestion :D

Mystère

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 08:11:57 pm
Thank you for your answers. I can understand that some reliable data may be tough to find. I'd be glad to try to help you, especially about French aircraft. ;)

Hi there,

The production limit could be great, for example.. Airbus could produce 5 A320 per month or per year (game time, of coruse) or some limit like that.

That limit will make new strategies and alliances :D Well, it's only a suggestion :D

I don't know how it could be implemented, but what I thought about was more a kind of dynamic production limit : as a new type enters service only a few are able to be bought each month, and each times all available aircraft are ordered production increases on next month (or decreases if orders are low for, say, two or three months in a row). The trouble though is to find a way to determine which airlines will be served first...

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 09:09:36 pm
but what I thought about was more a kind of dynamic production limit : as a new type enters service only a few are able to be bought each month

"A few" in a 1300-person world is simply not going to cut it. Individualized ordering books is the only way to go.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Mystère

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 10:28:27 pm
but what I thought about was more a kind of dynamic production limit : as a new type enters service only a few are able to be bought each month

"A few" in a 1300-person world is simply not going to cut it. Individualized ordering books is the only way to go.

Not if this "few" is available to the whole world and not to each player (as in the real world).

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 10:52:05 pm
Not if this "few" is available to the whole world and not to each player (as in the real world).

So basically you're going to limit this to the person who (1) is awake at the month change and (2) can click the fastest to order up all available planes. Sounds very unfair to me.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 01:59:28 am
Just want to say that

1. This is not the suggestion board, and suggestions should not go here
2. The decision has been made quite some time ago that individual order book would be the way to go.

As for the aircraft data, simply email us at :staff: with the source. If it is a book, scan and attach the important bits. Thanks.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Mystère

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 07:53:02 pm
Ok, sorry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk