Airline Mogul Forum

Where to go next?

Robin

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 04, 2009, 11:45:41 pm
i've been playing this game for a little over a week now and im unsure as to what to focus on next.

i currently operate out of two bases, Hamburg and Bristol and fly to approximatly 30 destinations around Europe and Northen Africa which are mostly serviced by both bases. I currently own 10 ATR 42-400s, 2 BAE jet streams and 3 A319s (2 of which are leased.) My current DOC is 4,842,185.

Would people suggest focusing on upgrading the currect fleet to ATR 72s / A319s / another aircraft or would it be better to create another base is a major airport such as heathrow or Paris CDG and compete on short haul flights to my existing gates / start some long haul flights??

Cheers.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:24:46 am
(Deleted)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:26:46 am by pseudoswede »

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:13:36 am
I would suggest you buy a mixture of larger (A319) and smaller (ATR, Jetstream, maybe even some regional jets (100 pax or below) and service far more airports from your existing bases (i.e. more than 30). You can still service small airports and make good profit.

At the moment you are no where near using your bases to their potential. You can easily have hundreds of routes from one airport if based in Europe. The trick is just getting the right aircraft for the route. an ATR-42 should be profitable on a route to just about any airport from your current bases (the larger A320 family aircraft might start being a bit to large).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk