Airline Mogul Forum

Unit of distance in AM

:Duncan

• Airline Operative
  • Currently playing - #818 Qatar
    • View Profile
on: August 07, 2009, 07:08:47 pm

From                                       To                                       InitialHeading   Distance   
DOH (25°15'40"N 51°33'54"E)    PRG (50°06'03"N 14°15'36"E)    320°    (NW)    2622 mi

What you see above is the result I got from Great Circle Mapper. And here is what I got from AM route research.

Route Information
Route Details   
Depart    Doha International Airport
Arrive     Prague Ruzyne
Distance   2,623nm

That brings me to the question of what unit is AM using? nm? mi? or km? And if all the planes and route are following the same distance unit?

Sincerely,
Duncan
World#818

citogaston

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 04:44:54 pm
I'm not sure I understand geography all that well, but what you have there looks neat-o.

We doctor all the details to suit you.
Sit back and enjoy your flight on TARDIS Travelways.

:Duncan

• Airline Operative
  • Currently playing - #818 Qatar
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:07:13 pm
thx... :lol:

because of that thing i keep renting gates and created routes that i thought would be in range but isn't...(i know, use route research, but i prefer to use another window and use GCM better)
World#818

citogaston

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:52:41 pm
Ah, so you do your route distance research the right way. I just click and hope that I have a plane that has the right number of hours and is within range.

But come to think of it, that's pretty much how I've always managed computers: Just click around until things start working.  :)

We doctor all the details to suit you.
Sit back and enjoy your flight on TARDIS Travelways.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk