Airline Mogul Forum

Beginner

saintjohn

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 01, 2009, 07:44:50 pm
Am just starting out in Airline Mogul and was looking for some tips on best world to choose and which airport to use as a hub plus any others people may care to share.

Thanks in advance

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 08:31:25 pm
Welcome to AM!

I started playing a few months ago and got loads of good advise which I am happy to share with you.

First of all, start with an airport that's got a pax of 20,000,000+. I have never been based in airports with lower pax than that.
Secondly, plan your routes properly and use the correct aircraft or you could lose out on profit
Thirdly, never purchase an aircraft over €200,000,000! The maintenance costs are ridiculous and profit, if any, will be very low
Alot of people will not agree on my fourth point, but its been working for me - never create flights with a higher frequency than 1, at least for the first while...

I have been following these guidelines and have ended up in the Top 10 airlines in each of the worlds I have been playing in. Just give me a shout if you need help. I will be happy to assist you!

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 09:24:30 pm
Honestly, no one will ever be able to give you a right answer. It's all up to what you want out of the game.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

saintjohn

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 09:56:35 pm
made a bit of a boob with the gates and purchased more than i needed then panicked and got rid of them now 600,000 in a minus, how do i get new planes with no money??

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 10:29:21 pm
made a bit of a boob with the gates and purchased more than i needed then panicked and got rid of them now 600,000 in a minus, how do i get new planes with no money??

Email us at  :staff: and ask for a reset.  Your account will be set back to the default starting cash and aircraft for that world.
Bryce Rea

saintjohn

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 02:49:05 pm
Managed to get back to a positive balance can anybody tell me how i know how long my aircraft is in the air for each day, am looking to add more gates but dont know if i can utilise existing planes or whether i will have to lease others?

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 02:58:08 pm

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

saintjohn

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 03:02:46 pm
Ah right, wasnt sure on that one thanks for the help, have 9 hours on one, will i be able to buy another gate to utilise the time remaining??

saintjohn

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 03:05:47 pm
Another question, how can you check a journey length and how busy an airport is without it costing you money??

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 03:11:18 pm
Another question, how can you check a journey length and how busy an airport is without it costing you money??

You can use this tool called "Research Route" here is the link you would use once your logged in. 

http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/research_route.php

It tells you the distance of the flight, any competition that is already present on that flight, and what aircraft are currently available that can fly the route.
Bryce Rea

saintjohn

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 07:55:07 pm
What happens when a public world comes to the end of its life, do you get to keep the money and planes purchased or do you just start again??

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 12:45:06 am
When the word finishes everyone starts again.

saintjohn

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 04:02:57 pm
Cheers, what happens then when you are in more than one world, does your aircraft and money stay seperate in both worlds??

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 04:07:36 pm

(Sorry about the quality of the image)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:09:15 pm by Cheung Airlines »

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 04:09:11 pm

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk