Airline Mogul Forum

Unused Gates

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: July 05, 2007, 01:50:05 pm
There is now inactivity checks on gates, at the end of each month there is a check done for any gates that are not used, that number is stored for the next month.
At this point another check is done to see if the gates have been used or if extra gates were rented. The appropriate number are then returned and a message of this warning is sent.

Example:
Airline "A" rents a gate at Airport "ABC" but doesn't use it. Its now tagged at the month change. Over the next month the airline rents a second gate at "ABC" but still has not used the first gate. When the second month change comes around only 1 gate is returned.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Philippine Airlines Virtual
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 02:46:41 pm
:)  cheers, Good to see. So we won't be seeing any airline Claiming an airport anymore!

Just an o/t suggestion, how about an inactivity check for Players as well? I noticed there are a lot of airlines AND BROKERS, that are sitting around, basically inactive since the Reset. not good really, a waste of space.

Of course, if there is a similar auto player-inactivity-check, you should be warned firstly. and their would have to be a "Holiday" mode..

Sorry for hijackin the thread, but I was just curious..

sorry if my suggestion is already done, i didn't know.  :roll:

thanks again, I wonder who was behind those gate hoggers.. maybe a Feeder airline?? someone can't take competition? heheh  conspiracy!!  :twisted:

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 03:03:57 pm
As for user activity;
Users Active: 209/488

There is a 14 day inactivity check period before the airline is removed from all updates ingame, so the account is effectively suspended thereafter. Its reset when they login.
Eventually I'll delete users without a login after a period of 3 weeks.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Philippine Airlines Virtual
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 04:45:02 am
Thanks, I didn't know that!

Cheers on the work

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk