Airline Mogul Forum

Flight Time Calculations

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 02, 2009, 08:41:21 pm
Is there a way that one can calculate the distance an aircraft will be able to travel with a certain amount of flight hours left? For example, if you create a route with a particular aircraft is takes up X amount of flight hours. Now to utilize the aircraft completely, you can create more routes with Y amount of flight hours left. Before renting a gate, how can I check what distance the aircraft will be able to travel before I have the expense of renting a gate which I possibly can not create a route with (with the particular aircraft) because of the flight time constraint?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:24:16 pm
Is there a way that one can calculate the distance an aircraft will be able to travel with a certain amount of flight hours left?

((Speed/Distance)+Turn Time)*(2*Frequency)

Before renting a gate, how can I check what distance the aircraft will be able to travel before I have the expense of renting a gate which I possibly can not create a route with (with the particular aircraft) because of the flight time constraint?

You can use Research Routes or Gate Search.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:45:11 pm
Is there a way that one can calculate the distance an aircraft will be able to travel with a certain amount of flight hours left?

((Speed/Distance)+Turn Time)*(2*Frequency)

Thats to calculate time left. He was asking for distance.

If I'm right it should be:

Time left * ((Speed + Turn time) / 2 * Frequency)

But there is one catch. AM doesn't display exact time left but a rounded number. If your plane for example has 4.32 hours left, AM will show 4 hours so you can't calculate the exact distance.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:47:42 pm by DarkPet »

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 12:03:43 am
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk