Airline Mogul Forum

Cannot adjust fare: division by zero/Planes with more than 24 hours error

gisa · 5 · 1449

gisa

• Airline Operative
  • "You can have it all but how much do you want it?"
    • View Profile
To Whom It May Concern,

I've been getting two errors lately which I wanted to report to you.  The first is the division by zero error:

ID - aircraft 1937 flying from Jackson Atlanta International to Theodore Francis Green State
Problem - Cannot adjust hours to adjust loadfactor.  Regardless of what I put in, it shows zero.
Description
Airline ID - Gisa Airlines (21702) -  PW 593

The second error I have is that some planes are either showing negative hours (i.e. -4) or are capable of flying more than 24 hours (same info as above).  Plane ID 1938 or 2456 (same room) will demonstrate what I mean.

From what I can see, this is a problem for a few others.  Hopefully you guys can fix it for everyone when you get the chance.

Thanks!

8)

Gisa ^^
Gisa Airlines: Gateway Into South Africa!
Sky Knights: The sky is the bottom limit!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
The first problem was fixed by closing and re-opening a route. The hours were reset this way, so changing the price/frequency then didn't show the problem.

The second problem can be solved in the same way, just close and re-open a route for the aircraft and it should be back to normal. Provided you didn't schedule routes onto a plane that gave more than 24 hours block time, all routes should be able to be re-opened on the same plane.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

gisa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Thanks for the timely information Stephen.

Any clue as to what is causing that?

8)

Gisa ^^

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Any clue as to what is causing that?

We were implementing a fix for a previously mentioned bug, that sometimes let aircraft go beyond 24 hours. In implementing the fix a mistake was made, and in the time taken to find and rectify it, a number of these errors occurred. Its always the simple things that go wrong!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

gisa

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
No worries.  I recently read somewhere that everytime a new bit of code is introduced, there is a high probability of a bug showing up elsewhere.  Recreating the route isn't too hard so it sounds like an easy
fix.

Thanks for the explanation!

8)

Gisa ^^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk