Airline Mogul Forum

Info on airport data

Frontier Flight

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 26, 2009, 03:10:37 pm
I have discovered 3 airports that are not in the game, but need to know your criteria before saying something.  Does the airport have to receive commercial service?  Does "Air Taxi" service count as commercial?  What data are needed for submission?  What reference data are acceptable? (i.e. AIRNAV, etc...)
Please let me know and I can put things together and submit them to you for your review.  Thank you.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 03:24:07 pm
I'm not responsible for airport data, but I'd say commercial service would be a must-have. The status of Air Taxi services is kind of vague, as it might also be charter services, but in the end I'd say Air Taxi services are commercial services and should therefore be counted. I'm not sure on that though, I'd wait for Jan to comment on that.

You need to at least have the airport's name, IATA and ICAO identifiers, city name, geographical position, recent passenger data from a reliable source and then some more stuff. If you click the Submit Airport link when logged in, you'll find all the fields you have to enter. Also, check this post for more information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk