Airline Mogul Forum

[PW 320 (and now 529)] Not being offered aircraft for routes

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Hi,

I've noticed I'm having a problem in my private world (#320 - The Golden Age) with aircraft that have already flown a 0.5 sector.  These are showing up with the ^ beside them in the lists, even though they do have capacity for one more 0.5 leg.  Furthermore, the game seems to be stopping them from being offered for routes for which they do not have enough hours left for a 1 frequency, even though they do for a 0.5 (which is all I want anyway).

I've just had to withdraw a 1-freq leg from a DC-6, start up the 0.5-freq I wanted to use it for and then reinstate the 1-freq route again. ???  The aircraft in question is ID 143, if that is of any use, but I think this is happening throughout the game (the presence of the ^ marks certainly is).

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:14:08 pm by jghastings »
ID: 8330

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 02:26:51 am
ID 143, from what i see, is already on 2 one-way legs meaning it cannot handle another unless you could depart from or into an end-point.  The one-way rule is not plane-wide, it's plane-at-airport-wide (i.e. you can do msp-ord-dtw-... all one-ways, but not msp-ord, msp-mdw, msp-dtw all one-ways.)
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:15:34 am
Thanks, but that's actually because I've already created the second 0.5 route.  When this was happening last night 143 was only doing two routes out of Mumbai (a 0.5 to Addis Ababa and a 1.0 to Indore) and had 12 hours to spare - the 0.5 route I wanted to create from Mumbai to Bishkek would only have used 6.4 hours but I wasn't being offered this aircraft.

I have put things back the way they were and the same problem is arising if you fancy having a look at it again.  It also won't let me use aircraft ID 113, which again has one 0.5 and one 1 frequency out of Mumbai, with more than enough hours to get to Bishkek.

Thanks!  :)

[EDIT] Got another case, this time with aircraft ID 407, a Super Constellation L-1049E. This plane is already doing Tokyo Haneda - Guilin (0.5) and Tokyo Haneda - Harbin (1) and has 10 hours left, which should enable it to do a 0.5 frequency that could be 2770 miles or more. However, it won't let me use it for a 2,040 mile trip to Guiyang...  ???
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:12:40 pm by jghastings »

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 03:35:14 am
I can't look in the immediate sense of the word, but I'll do my best to look at this tomorrow evening.  car troubles today ate up all my evening. Unfortunate. a couple quick tasks then i must to bed.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 08:18:01 am
No worries - it's not like Mumbai-Bishkek is a crucial high-yield route that my airline will suffer without!  :lol:

Whenever you get the chance to take a look I'll be grateful.  There seems to be an issue throughout the game for me in that world, in that it just doesn't seem to want to offer me planes that have already done a 0.5, unless they've got enough hours to do a full round-trip on the route I'm creating.

Cheers,
J

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Hi,

This issue has come up for me again in PW #529.  I just pulled an aircraft off Zurich-Dubai to put something larger on, but I was not offered the original aircraft when I re-created the route.  I am also not being offered it for a much shorter route I am trying to launch.

The aircraft (ID: 1) has only one other 0.5 route, alongside two 1-frequency routes, and has more than enough hours to do the Zurich-Beirut sector I'm after.

Could someone look into this?

Thanks,
JG

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Hi,

Just another polite request for some help with this one  :)

Cheers,
JG

EDIT
OK, here's a new one (for me at least). PW#529, aircraft ID: 146, a Boeing 737-300 with CFM 56-3B-2 engines.  Speed: 429.  Turn time: 0.54.

The aircraft is currently doing:
Geneva - Nice, freq: 1.0, distance: 186nm, block time: 0.97
Geneva - Cairo, freq: 0.5, distance: 1757nm, block time: 4.64
Geneva - Kuwait, freq: 0.5, distance: 2536nm, block time: 6.45
Geneva - Gran Canaria, freq: 1.0, distance: 1724nm, block time: 4.56

By my calculations, this aircraft has 1.85 hours left, which should enable it to do a 1.0 frequency route of 165nm.  However, when attempting to open Geneva - Milan Malpensa, a route of only 133nm, I am not being offered this plane.  However, if I try to open Geneva - Torino (103nm) then the game does offer me this aircraft.

What's going on? ???

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:00:51 pm by jghastings »

ATE24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Hi,

Just another polite request for some help with this one  :)

Cheers,
JG

EDIT
OK, here's a new one (for me at least). PW#529, aircraft ID: 146, a Boeing 737-300 with CFM 56-3B-2 engines.  Speed: 429.  Turn time: 0.54.

The aircraft is currently doing:
Geneva - Nice, freq: 1.0, distance: 186nm, block time: 0.97
Geneva - Cairo, freq: 0.5, distance: 1757nm, block time: 4.64
Geneva - Kuwait, freq: 0.5, distance: 2536nm, block time: 6.45
Geneva - Gran Canaria, freq: 1.0, distance: 1724nm, block time: 4.56

By my calculations, this aircraft has 1.85 hours left, which should enable it to do a 1.0 frequency route of 165nm.  However, when attempting to open Geneva - Milan Malpensa, a route of only 133nm, I am not being offered this plane.  However, if I try to open Geneva - Torino (103nm) then the game does offer me this aircraft.

What's going on? ???

Use tabbing function of browsers, select destinations, aircraft, desired ticket price and then open ALL routes AT THE SAME TIME would be useful until they solve the problem.

For example: City A -> City B (1), City C (0.5), City D (0.5), City E (1), City F (1)
You may want to complete all data for route City A -> City B, City C and so on first but not clicking Create Route button.
After completing 5 routes, placing your pointer at the position of Create Route button, utilize the Ctrl-Tab and click as you change the tab.

That's it, you will have all your routes get established, as you assigned the aircraft to the routes at the same time.

In your case, please close Geneva - Gran Canaria first, and then open it again with Geneva - Milan Malpensa at the same time,  it would save you a lot of time.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:10:28 am by ATE24 »
W737 - EASC - The convergence of great European airlines

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
1.85-0.54-0.54 = 0.77 (twice, because it is two flights (there and back))
0.77*429 = 330.33
330.33/2 = 165.165 (divide by two, the two flights)

The plane can fly a route of up to 165.165 nm.
It is very close. There may be rounding in the distance AM tells you you have to fly, so the real distance could be higher than 165.165. I always make sure there is a margin of a few nm at least when I am planning routes. The 103 nm route is well under.

Severnaya

• Airline Operative
  • The truth is more important than the facts.
    • View Profile
world 613 has the same problem, i'm afraid it's maybe in all worlds?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
The same problem being a flight that, by your calculations, should fit into an aircraft's schedule, but the game says "no"? If so, it's in all worlds, and it's more than likely another rounding thing. Would you mind providing us with an example including a calculation?

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
1.85-0.54-0.54 = 0.77 (twice, because it is two flights (there and back))
0.77*429 = 330.33
330.33/2 = 165.165 (divide by two, the two flights)

The plane can fly a route of up to 165.165 nm.
It is very close. There may be rounding in the distance AM tells you you have to fly, so the real distance could be higher than 165.165. I always make sure there is a margin of a few nm at least when I am planning routes. The 103 nm route is well under.
Note that the route I was trying to open was 133nm, not 165nm - this is a 22nm difference. Even allowing for quite a lot of rounding during the calculation process, this plane should have been offered to me. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk