Airline Mogul Forum

Start up in debt.

nw961

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 14, 2008, 06:10:17 am
I recently joined AirlineMogul and started Compass. I purchased several gates in the Caribbean and one gate in KEYW. After consulting with the Operations Dpt. I learned that I was in 60,000 worth of debt. Can anyone help me and save my start up from being the next Independence Air?
ompass Airlines Vacations. A regional division of Northwest Airlines.
Most frequencies to Nassau and Grand Bahama

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:15:15 am
Its normal to be in debt at the beginning of the game, start those routes and they'll give you DOP.
Ask Fleur-de-Lis for further suggestions

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:29:20 am
Going into debt in the beginning (assuming by debt you mean negative cash) is always normal. Use up as many hours on your plane as you can. What you should be more concerned over is if you're making enough cash to pull in a positive profit by the end of the month. The way to pretty much know that is if you go into the "Finance Screen" and see if there is a positive number. Also if you started just now, I would also look into checking in after the month change (always after the 24th in each month, as all months in this game are 24 days (or 24 real hours). If it shows a negative number still, you may have to look into fixing some things.

Looking at your airline from what I can see after the rankings screen, what I would suggest is 1) cut those 2 freqs flights to a 1 for now, and add more flights to other cities with the time used up. I'm also guessing you still have many hours left on your plane. Try to get it down to zero, even if it means you go into negative amounts of cash, don't worry, this is perfectly normal for anyone beginning to have to go into negatives to fill up hours on their aircraft.

After taking all this advice (if you can), what is your DOP after that?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk