Airline Mogul Forum

Airline Livery Assistance

Cipher53

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 14, 2012, 10:03:49 pm
As a prenote, I'm kinda making this thread to get some help with my own livery, but if anybody else that is trying to make their own livery or improve upon it wants to use it, I don't have any problem with that.

So basically I finally finished the preliminary study for what I want my airline Vanguard Airways' livery to look like, and while I'm mostly satisfied with it, I'd like some opinions on it.

For starters;

• How does the livery look as it is? Originally I'd planned to use a stripe down along the windows, but I eventually settled for a bit of a more contemporary livery, more white than anything. (Also wanted to get away from my pattern of having the bottom of the aircraft in silver or bare metal lined with gold.)
  • Any suggestions as to how to make it look better? I know the stars aren't my best work so far, but that is probably going to be one of the things I come back around and change. Making the stripes flow like a flag was so much easier...
  • Any suggestions as to how to modernize it? I kinda made this as a late 70's/early 80's paint job, and one of my ideas for toning it down for more of a uniform look for general fleet aircraft is to go with a low-visibility kinda look like the military does. Instead of red substitute silver or grey, stuff like that.
I'm not really going to be able to start working on this again for a little while, but it would be great to get some feedback!

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 04:12:05 am
I think its splendid... especially if you designed it for a 70's even 80's time period world. If you want to modernize it then the first things that will have to change are the grey bottom half and the silver engines. Take a look at these two links and just look at what a difference it made to these 732's. You'll notice that apart from the silver bottom and engines the livery is exactly the same, yet the whiter version looks ten times more modern than the two tone:

The two tone version:http://www.airliners.net/photo/Comair-Limited/Boeing-737-244/1608073/L/&sid=44d278224b4ba9cdabae87116b447968

The all white version:http://www.airliners.net/photo/Comair-Limited/Boeing-737-244/1127868/L/&sid=44d278224b4ba9cdabae87116b447968

But in the end it really depends on your taste. I know that some people hate too much white and much rather prefer a two tone. If you want to stick with a two tone and still modernize it then do the United/British Airways thing and paint both the engines and the bottom half the same color.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:45:21 am by Commercial Air Services »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk