Airline Mogul Forum

MultiWorlds is LIVE

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: April 04, 2008, 07:42:03 pm
Email sending to all now.

You are recieving this email because you are a registered user on airlinemogul.com In the past few months, the staff have been working on making the game more appealing to all its users by allowing the ability to play more than one game at any one time. This allows us to implement a player cap on games so that overcrowding does not become too big of an issue but also allows us to keep registration open and continue to sign up many new players on a daily basis. Finally this work has paid off and we are happy to announce the game has just been reopened after a brief period of downtime.

When you login, (using this email and your old password) you will notice an immediate change. There will be a number of worlds for you to choose from. You are allowed to join as many worlds as you like, however this is limited by a Token System. Each user has 40 tokens to start off, and each world costs 30 tokens to join. This means that when you login to Airline Mogul, you may join a world and be left with 10 spare tokens. Every 12 hours there is an additional token given out to every user, which can then be used to join a second world. There is no limit to the number of worlds you can join, however there are caps on the number of players in each world.

Worlds will now open and close automatically. There are a number of details for each world available, such as the year, the length of the game, and when it is due to close in real time. It also shows you what map is in use and what aircraft you will start with.

Once you are into a world, things are like before but with some changes. The biggest change of course is the new Airline Mogul Logo and the design of the site. A lot of time has been spent working on this new colour scheme for Airline Mogul, and we hope it remains unique. We continue to make Airline Mogul more realistic, the most recent change to the cost structure are on the route end of operations with airport landing fees and handling charges based on aircraft weight and passenger numbers. These costs are taken from a number of airports based on an IATA Publication to allow for a wide range of possibilities in airport sizes.

Finally, there are plans to allow users to create their own worlds from tokens. However this will be implemented in the near future, as we feel it would be better for users to get used to the multiworlds idea first. We will be allowing users to purchase tokens if waiting for them to arrive for free is too slow, again this will be implemented with the private worlds.

We hope you enjoy this major change to Airline Mogul. It is an end of an era, but a start of a more exciting one for the game. If you have any comments or feedback, please don\'t hesitate to either email us or post on the forums.

Best Wishes,
Airline Mogul Staff
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 07:54:31 pm
Great ... I just tried to login but got denied because my emailaddress and password do not match ..... it seems :(. Maybe I should try again later ....

Waerth

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 07:56:11 pm
I can't log in.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

TheEagle

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 07:58:30 pm
me neither.
I am getting.
"Either the email address and password entered do not match those on the file, you have not activated your account or you are not appoved for testing."

I'm trying to log on via http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/login.php
img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h284/sworddemon12/AmericanAirlines.jpg[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 08:03:15 pm
We are looking...
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 08:06:17 pm
Quote from: "yourefired"
I can't log in.

Yourefired, please try the retrieve password link. Apparently, one of our staff decided to test the change password script using your account on April 1. A personalize April Fools for you I guess. :roll: Sorry about that.
D Express (id 616) 8)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 08:08:16 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
I can't log in.

Yourefired, please try the retrieve password link. Apparently, one of our staff decided to test the change password script using your account on April 1. A personalize April Fools for you I guess. :roll: Sorry about that.

So I've been "randomly selected" for password script testing.....that's lovely. Thanks. Way to totally freak me out. You could have at least let me know so I wouldn't sit here thinking my account got cancelled.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 08:10:33 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
I can't log in.

So I've been "randomly selected" for password script testing.....that's lovely. Thanks. Way to totally freak me out. You could have at least let me know so I wouldn't sit here thinking my account got cancelled.

I wasn't the one who did that :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)

TahoePacificAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 08:15:01 pm
Im in, well see how this goes in a few hours. i like the new interface it looks tons cleaner.
img]http://a824.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/76/l_23c4bd98b6eb987d01b5405747436337.jpg[/img]

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 09:10:21 pm
Thanks, Mighty Stephen (and the staff). My life has a sense again :lol:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

CP Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 09:40:43 pm
Looks great! I'm going back to the 80s again.  Can't wait for the rounds to start!

bryce82

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 09:54:30 pm
does Airline Mogul no longer work with Safari? I tried loging in from my mac and I can't put in my email or password?

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 11:06:56 pm
I can log in Fine, in World 4. It will take a while to get used to the new colours, but I like them. Awesome work guys, thanks for getting it up so soon.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 11:09:57 pm
@bryce82: That shouldn't be an issue. Please keep trying, otherwise email :staff:

@zkvac: Thanks :) Have fun in world 4, I'll do the same ;)

Stip

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 11:14:52 pm
Great! The site is a little distracted when using a beta build of Firefox 3, though.
However, everything seems to be fine when using Opera :D
img]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh103/PhotoStip/StipAir.png[/img]
Airline ID:9532

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk