Airline Mogul Forum

To those already doing 2+ frequencies on routes...

Kanis91

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 01:08:16 am
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Quote from: "Kanis91"
There is one guy doing 10x from St. Maarten to Grand Case. :shock:  One thats on the same island and two its about 3 miles away in real life. :idea:  It not hurting me as I am based in Grand Case, but WHY? I am new too. I came into this game about a week ago. I started a airline with like 6x between two 100,000 airports. In ONE hour I was -600,000 with a $24 profit on my largest route. But I have learned. Now I have a airline with $66,500 DOP, $850,000 in projected profit and 12 routes all with above $5000 profit before the game even started.

As soon as you can chose a bigger airport as your base. You should be able to make at least 10x the profit you mentioned (I am currently at 600k or 13M projected and I am sure there are some with higher DOP).

Oh ok now I see. I like to start small and easy. My next move will be for Bermuda as a hub for the east coast. Trust me I don't want to dive in that deep at first.  :D

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 02:54:35 am
Ok...its one thing to do this later in the rounds to save gates...but at the start its just annoying :x  Its not just new people doing this, already had one perfectly good route take a steep dive....guys only doing a 2 frequency.  Which isn't a big deal...but lowering the price for no reason....He could easily get much more even with 2x...We are the only 2 on the route and he's not a new player.  Its things like this that are pointless and annoying to the rest of us trying to play the game.  Wouldn't be surprised if that route is the first to hit €1 :x

Its one thing to run higher frequencies and try for the highest possible profit...but say 5 airlines have a price near €500 it makes no sense to put high or even a lower frequency at €5...and do this to multiple routes.  To me thats just screams "I'm bored with the game so why not cause some trouble" :?   Its things like that that have ruined the past 2 rounds for me, theres no more fun in it when someone starts purposefully ruining routes just to be a pain :x  Not everyone has the time to edit 100+ routes cause person B had to much time on their hands and was no longer here to actually play the game.  These people generally do this then leave it this way till they are forced into inactive bankruptcy.

People new or old need to get it through their heads, running high frequencies will not gain you anymore profit...if anything you may only gain a just a couple bucks more with that 5 frequency then you could with a 1 frequency.  So its completely pointless and just annoys everyone else.  Put those aircraft to use on several routes...not run them only on one.  Theres no logic in it.  The goal is to make as much money as possible...cant be done if all you run is 2 routes at 10x :roll:

Real airlines do have high frequencies here and there.  But unlike real life, in this game there may be 50 airlines on that route, therefore it is useless.  Prices are going to drop eventually...but when your just starting up everyone needs that extra €300+ on those routes.  Hopefully multiworlds will help solve some of these problems, and have many more factors to play in other then a single ticket price.  When things are already becoming a mess in the first 3 hours I can already tell where this rounds headed :roll:
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

Air2000

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 08:36:43 pm
Quote from: "travismb99"
There's already people doing 4x frequencies on some California routes. :roll:

Friggin' insane.

People, get this through your thick heads: YOU MAKE WAY MORE MONEY DOING 1X FLIGHTS EVERYWHERE. Even WITH the gate costs, you come out way ahead. Going 2-3-4-5x with a 90-seat plane trashes yields and screws up the game.

You're destroying this round before it even starts.

:lol:
 :idea: why dont we tatto it to some of the players heads :P
img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/dippidydanny/iberia2_h1.jpg[/img]
Iberia
You can find us in Round 3!
Bases: Palma (PMI) Malaga (APG) Madrid (MAD)

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 28, 2008, 02:23:41 am
Im doing 2.5x route in California, only because I couldn't find any other routes to dump my plane on :lol:

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 28, 2008, 10:12:40 am
Quote from: "goducks40"
the only reason i've done it on one of my routes is that I didn't have enough hours on my plane to open a new route...so i chose the shortest route and doubled it...it gets me an extra $18,000 to do so.

I did the same thing. I had 1 hour left on my 146, so I upgraded one of my routes from a 1x freq. to a 1,5x freq.

Emirates

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:03 am
Im doing a 2 frequency route from Doha - Dubai, and my competitors all have 1 frequency flights at the same price as mine  :) So now anyone trying to make a 1 frequency flight needs to make it extremely cheap.

Oh and I still get 100% loadfactor.
W 1033 - China National Aviation Holding Company

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: February 28, 2008, 11:25:59 am
Quote from: "nwaboy"
Im doing 2.5x route in California, only because I couldn't find any other routes to dump my plane on :lol:

just for the record, that is LAX-LAS. :)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 28, 2008, 11:29:05 am
theres this noob doing the THR-DXB route with a BAe 146 for E40 as oppose to our E247 and with the same frequency as ours (1)!!

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: February 28, 2008, 11:31:05 am
Definitely a n00b. :lol:

jml0335

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 28, 2008, 09:50:42 pm
I have an idiot on MIA-FPO who's doing 10x and it's killing my profit on that route. should I send an e-mail to the staff, or is this considered 'fair' ?
img]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9549/transcarribeancopyhh2.jpg[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: February 28, 2008, 09:53:37 pm
Quote from: "jml0335"
I have an idiot on MIA-FPO who's doing 10x and it's killing my profit on that route. should I send an e-mail to the staff, or is this considered 'fair' ?

This is not considered "illegal"... (legal may not be fair~~)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

jml0335

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008, 10:15:04 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

This is not considered "illegal"... (legal may not be fair~~)

Can I ask why the program allow up to 10x frequency on routes? Running routes at ridiculous frequencies benefits no-one, surely it would make the game fairer and more realistic to limit the amount of frequencies? (Sorry, If I sound rude, I'm just curious! :D )

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008, 10:20:44 pm
Can I ask why the program allow up to 10x frequency on routes? Running routes at ridiculous frequencies benefits no-one, surely it would make the game fairer and more realistic to limit the amount of frequencies? (Sorry, If I sound rude, I'm just curious! :D )

Because there are people who say realistically airlines could have as many freq as they want as long as they got the slots for runway and gates.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 10:23:14 pm
For the same reason that the program allows anyone to rent gates they have no use for, to buy planes unfit for your routes, to set prices bellow economic viability, to... well, as a simulation of real life it would be unreasonable to have a magic hand preventing us from making mistakes. THAT would be unrealistic.

And, BTW, why would 10x frequencies be unrealistic? Unsuitable in AM's world, perhaps.

jml0335

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: February 28, 2008, 10:44:17 pm
I suppose you're right. It just annuys me when someone seems to just be spoiling the game for others, by charging £1 per flight with 10 frequencies for example. But they do have the right to charge what they want and fly when they want!

Toodles!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk