Logo 1 - 70s
Logo 2 - Infinity
Logo 3 - Love is in the Air

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: November 21, 2008, 06:02:22 pm
As the topic title suggests, I'm looking to find a new logo for OrangeAir. Here's what I've made so far, feel free to vote, comment and/or post something you like better.
Oh, please note, as most designers find it nice to give weird names to designs, I've done the same for the poll options.

Logo 1

It's a kind of 70s-style, simple logo that has a no-frills-attitude to it - perfect for a low-cost-airline?

Logo 2

More professional look. The circle and the line inside of it symbolize our never-stopping airline. Maybe too clean-looking for an airline that claims to be low-cost.

Logo 3

My personal favorite. Doesn't look like a logo for an airline though. You might see it on some weird online consultant firm's website, or maybe on a restaurant. Still, I think it looks nice.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:05:05 pm by MrOrange »

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:54:49 pm
Here's the liveries for each logo.

Logo 1 / Livery 1

Logo 2 / Livery 2

Logo 3 / Livery 3

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 10:30:12 pm
I think logo two looks nicest.
Logo one, it the original version, looks strange. It sort of looks 3D, but seems wrong. The second version of logo (above the livery) one looks better, but I think that it just looks a bit simple and plain.
Logo three, it looks quite professional, but doesn't seem right for an airline. I have two small problems with the logo itself (as opposed to the context it is used in). Firstly, the circle looks a bit plain, maybe a border around it like logo 2. Secondly, the text is too big, and takes away from the logo itself. The logo is supposed to be the recognisable part for your brand, but it is dominated by the text, especially as "orange" is in bold.
Logo two, it also looks quite professional, and seems to have the right balance of simplicity and complexity. The curves seem  to have a nice flow, suitable for the airline industry. The text is also smaller than, and less noticeable, than the logo. This is good, people see the logo first, and then look over to the text, which is not as dark as logo three.

That said, they all look quite good - far better than my logos!

tushardhoot1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 11:08:03 pm
All look great, but logo one seems really weird, and as CHR pointed out, it seems like 3-d gone wrong.

Logo two seems cool, looks kind of like the pepsi logo. It's plain and simple, yet recognizable.

Logo three looks cool, and I find if you make the circle itself a little bigger, it's a great fit.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 08:19:49 am
As you could probably tell, and rightly pointed out, logo 1 is, quality-wise, the worst one in this list. I started working on that, then got a better idea, then got another idea, and both ideas made it to this thread.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll put an updated version of logo 3 on with a bigger circle so you can check if it really helped.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 10:21:00 am
I just made this quick one:

It is a combination of logos 2 and 3. It has a sort of airforce feel to it.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:56:51 am
I like the logo 2, and it just looks even better on the airplane(very much, the tail of it)

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 11:02:36 pm
i like #2 it feels so clean
Id:14174

The new definition of crazy:
http://www.timecube.com/

Obmit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 08:43:19 pm
Looks like Logo #1 is reeaaallyyy popular  :P
Skywest PW1217

cameron1991

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 10:27:43 am
Logo 1 looks kind of old, and for some reason the tone of orange on logo 1 makes me think of Braniff International  :roll:
Logo 2 looks the best IMO, because it's clean and modern looking.
Jetstar Airways, W8,W9     Europe Blue, W10

ID:12870

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 11:46:07 am
Third one's sexy; leave it the way it is as the simpler it is the better and most appealing

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk