Airline Mogul Forum

HELP...

tmab11

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 18, 2009, 05:50:06 pm
So a friend advised me on what to do and now due to gate user fees im in debt....Is there any advice you can give me for getting back in the clear?. Any help is greatly appreciated

Airline: JT Associated
World: Public World #350

Thomas

trimotor43

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:02:24 pm
If you're just getting started, it'll take a little while to dig yourself back out once you start a new route. As you get more routes and more planes the time it takes to recover is considerably less. Just be patient. As long as your routes are profitable you should be fine. The game just seems to move slow when you first start out. It'll get far more interesting soon enough.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:06:29 pm
You can continue to rent gates and create routes while in debt... to a certain point. However, if in debt, you cannot rent additional gates at airports where you already have gates (e.g., your home base).

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

peterkirby

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • NetWorld Alliance
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 01:44:48 am
I started a game in the year 1921 in the city of Cairo. I was given a pair of planes that could go no farther than 243 nm (so-called "Farman"  :roll:) and a little 500,000 chunk to spend. I quickly spent it. I looked at my balance sheets, and it looked like my airline would be unprofitable. I started to panic.

Then I looked at where my expenses were, and cut back. I returned gates at cities that I'd purchased by accident but would not be able to fly to because my craft were so short-haul. I returned all the extra gates out of Cairo. I tweaked the heck out of the routes of my two planes so that I hit all but the smallest city in range with a 1-per-day flight, with a 1.5-per-day flight to the largest city in range. It was, in a way, rather much like running a real airline... scrimping scrimping scrimping to rake in a profit...

At the end of it I had about 50,000 euro profit per hour and monthly gate fees of 750,000. If you do that math, you will see that 15 out of 24 hours are spent paying for the gates, but 8 or 9 hours made me a profit of 400,000 or so per day.

So what to do next? NOTHING! This is important in getting out of the hole. Once you are as profitable as you can make it, sit on your thumbs until you can order some better aircraft.

A few days days later, I ordered a couple better planes for 1.5 million. Now the airline is saved and so are my 30 tokens.

(Hope this helps...)
Airline 23317 (KirbAir / KRB)
Public World 461 and 506
Private World 82, 452, and 503

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk