Airline Mogul Forum

Which plane to choose?

A380YURY

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 02, 2011, 10:15:17 am
Good day! I was setting up my airline (Airline Mogul - See my airline), and now i've reached the limits (in terms of time) of my starting Metroliner II. The year is 1985, and I am thinking about the next airplane to buy (Metroliner is just not big enough with 19 seats for some routes).
Here are the airplanes i picked for choosing
1)Swearingen SA-226TC Metro II - nearly the same aircraft, but with 1 more seat.
2)Mohawk 298 - 9 more seats, a bit smaller range (which makes no sence for me now) and 3.3 mln price, which is acceptable
3)DHC-5 Buffalo - 30 seats, same range, nearly the same speed, but the price is higher - ~4.5 mln
4)Fokker F27-600 - seems to be an excellent choise (44 seats, other characteristics are roughly the same) but the price is overwhelming for me now - 5.8 mln...

The second question is if I should scrap/sell my Metroliner or not?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:02:43 pm by A380YURY »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:26:55 pm
How big is your DOC? How much does the Metro II cost? How many seats does it have?

First off, use the gate search to find out how many 'good' airports are in the range of the Mohawk 298. (good = 1 mln +)
If there are enough (including those flown by the Metro), buy that one. Else I would buy another Metro.

Lastly, you shouldn't scrap your first Metro (or any other small planes for that matter) until they reach around 5 years of age or doesn't fit your fleet at all.

This is just some small advice to begin with - I hope it helps :D

PS: You might want to get Premium Gate Search - this is the most useful Premium feature.

A380YURY

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 11:08:35 am
Well, DOC is rather small at the moment - 90 000 $, so bying any plane will take months of saving money)

Metro II costs 3.166.696$

There is plenty of good airports around the BEG - the other thing is that most of them are about 1.1mln PAX) Exclusions like Budapest (~8mln), Naples (~7mln), etc are at the distance limits of Mohawk
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:10:00 pm by A380YURY »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 09:56:11 am
GO for the Metro. That would increase your DOC by around 70k, and you'll be able to purchase the Mohawk sooner.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk