Airline Mogul Forum

importing a new airline using Ultimate Traffic

cyon20 · 16 · 7669

cyon20

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 13, 2009, 03:53:03 am
I got Ultimate Traffic for FS2004 in June 2008 and while looking through the manual, i see that you can import a new airline. i thought that was interesting but it says that "If you are not familiar with compiling your own traffic using TTools, it is recommended that you should spend some time getting to know the program before continuing."

what is TTools? where can i find it?

Can anyone help me please?

Now Serving [W8] & [W10]

Southeastern Airlines [PW140]

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 07:28:19 am
First: Why do you order a low quality payware addon when there are so many high quality freeware addons available? I would never spend a cent on Ultimate Traffic. If you need more information about the freeware traffic files just let me know.

Now, your question. TTools (freeware) by Lee Swordy is available from here:
http://simviation.com/fs2004utilities1.htm

Please do take your time reading the manual. If you still have questions, well, you know where to find me ;)

Hope this helps.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:02:03 pm
First: Why do you order a low quality payware addon when there are so many high quality freeware addons available? I would never spend a cent on Ultimate Traffic. If you need more information about the freeware traffic files just let me know.
Hope this helps.

+1, world of AI (search google), has much better models and can be updated to suit anyone and has barely any FPS impact compared to ultimate traffic

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:46:33 am
WOAI is really a great add to FSX or FS2004.  Its simple to get on and it looks real nice too =D

cyon20

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:40:38 am
is world of AI free?

Now Serving [W8] & [W10]

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 06:03:41 am
Yes

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 07:41:03 am
Yep it's free, only downside is that you have to install each airline separately, but in some ways that's a good thing as you don't have crowded airports everywhere.

Try http://www.world-of-ai.com/.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 10:02:35 am
...only downside is that you have to install each airline separately, but in some ways that's a good thing as you don't have crowded airports everywhere.

Well, that may be misleading. You have todownload the airline files seperately but can install them at once. Launch the installer and simply select the downloaded packages you want to install (hold "Strg")and click OK. The installer will install the selected packages. Another advantage of WoAI is that an older version of a - let's say United Airlines - package will be removed first when you decide to install a newer one. Also the "Expert Mode" allows you to remove a specific airline when it got bust in real life. It's just two clicks.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 01:47:16 pm
...only downside is that you have to install each airline separately, but in some ways that's a good thing as you don't have crowded airports everywhere.

Well, that may be misleading. You have todownload the airline files seperately but can install them at once. Launch the installer and simply select the downloaded packages you want to install (hold "Strg")and click OK. The installer will install the selected packages. Another advantage of WoAI is that an older version of a - let's say United Airlines - package will be removed first when you decide to install a newer one. Also the "Expert Mode" allows you to remove a specific airline when it got bust in real life. It's just two clicks.

one thing with that; i you have a quite slow computer do not do that as your computer will probably be frozen for an hour if its quite a lot of packs

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 11:08:03 am
one thing with that; i you have a quite slow computer do not do that as your computer will probably be frozen for an hour if its quite a lot of packs

If your comp does that I don't know how it copes with FS! :lol:
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 01:26:27 pm

Hm, there are 470+ packages (incl. some airlines that ceased ops). I doubt your PC will install all those at once within less than twenty minutes. Even if it would take 3 seconds to install one package it will take more than 23 minutes in total.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 01:39:23 pm

Mine isnt slow, it happens to all PCs, even yours if your doing dozens of packages at once

cyon20

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 02:01:18 pm
If I uninstall Ultimate Traffic and download some WoAI airlines, will the TTools still work?

Now Serving [W8] & [W10]

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 08:45:40 pm
Yes, it will.

Some things to keep in mind.

If you are not familiar with adding textures and the [fltsim] entries in aircraft.cfg file do not add some to the WoAI aircraft folders as this may mess up the installer. But if you still decide to do so remove comments (lines that start with "//" )from the lines you add to the cfg file. It is even possible to make the WoAI installer recognizing your custom added traffic. Also you may use TTools to decompile the WoAI traffic files to add new flightplans and aircraft. This maybe helpful when you think the package is too old and you'd like to update - especially when the airline has a new paintscheme or added more aircrafts to its fleet.

cyon20

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 12:07:15 am
Thanks for your help. I looked into the packages and wrote down the airlines I want to download, i have about 80!!! The planes actually moves around, right? And do the planes disappear after a certain amount of time? In UT, Seattle is probably the only airport that is really busy. but others, the planes just sit there for hours doing nothing. And while I'm waiting in line to takeoff at Seattle, some planes disappear b/c they wait too long. it seems like their "time is up" and then they disappear. Does this happen in WoAI?

Thanks for your help again!

Now Serving [W8] & [W10]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk