Airline Mogul Forum

Trains and planespotting [Was: Austria / Österreich : updated passenger figures]

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
I'm very careful with recycling things and always showing the Love towards our planet. However I have to admit I'm biased towards aviation: fly on!

I take comfort that engines are becoming always more fuel efficient. I know its a large source of pollution, but I just like aircraft and traveling too much!

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Yeah, its polluting... Good thing I like train travel too!

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I really enjoy the regular relaxing rhythm a train makes when you travel on it ; to sit back and observe city-scapes and open countryside gliding smoothly past your window. Trains are beautiful machines too, especially the old locomotives. It's nice to visualize trains rolling through the vast crisscrossed and interconnected track network. To imagine all the people involved in the railroad's more-or-less efficient functioning: the mechanical engineers, the boilermen, the brakemen, the coal shovellers, the station-masters, the pointsmen and the porters, the train dispatchers, the foremen and the bridge builders, and the track layers and the surveyors, and the tunnel diggers, and also the ticket inspectors.

But I still prefers anything that flies.

If you had ONE really cool railroad or train website to recommend, which one would it be?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:42:14 am by Thunderstruck »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile

If you had ONE really cool railroad or train website to recommend, which one would it be?
bahn.de to find your way through pretty much every country in europe!
And railfaneurope.net
Oh and don't forget vagonweb.cz for train compositions

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Thanks. I like railfaneurope.net I think I'm gonna spend some time trainspotting there.

vagonweb.cz is quite specific, I love to see the time and effort that people put into their hobbies, and the result.

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Interesting. Thunderstruck do you planespot as well?

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Hey Anzatax, I used to, I had a thread here from 2010 with some pics which I took - but looking at it now the pics all disappeared. I think the server hosting the pics went out of service.

But its been a long while now. I should perhaps get back to it!

What about you? Easy to spot planes in SIN? you would have a great selection of heavies there.

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I have a hard time finding time to go to SIN :P, but I sometimes planespot at XSP Seletar. I may post a few pictures here if I can find some time (how cone time is such a problem??).

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
The number one problem of adult life: Lack of time...

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Take your time to find the time, but sure would be great to see a few of those pictures some day!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk