Airline Mogul Forum

Opportunity to try out a test world

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: May 16, 2019, 03:01:04 am
We have been working on testing a bunch of new features including an updated maintenance formula. The testing is nearing completion and expected to be released soon. Until that happens we have some slots available in a test world.

If you are interested in trying out a couple of features before release please reply here or send me a message with your user id and I will add you into the world (For free). All you have to do is build an airline as you normally would and try out the new features.

Once testing is complete we will roll out the changes to all new worlds being created. Sadly these features are not retro-active.

Let us know if you are interested!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

PoCichuuu

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 05:33:32 am
I'm in.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 12:51:31 pm
Great, you have been added to the world! Let us know what you think.  :)
Stephen Murphy

HerryHam

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 01:44:47 pm
Is it enough to request an invite in this thread, Stephen?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 05:02:48 pm
Sure thing! Just let me know your ID and I will add to you to the world.
Stephen Murphy

yoza1404

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 09:29:42 pm
Hi Stephen,
Will be happy to test the new feature. My Game ID is the same as in the forum (yoza1404).
Manythanks

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 12:50:07 am
Hi Stephen,
Will be happy to test the new feature. My Game ID is the same as in the forum (yoza1404).
Manythanks

Great! Welcome to World  3423. I have added you to the world so go ahead and setup your airline. There is information in the world on the changes to the features.
Stephen Murphy

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 07:50:03 am
Hi there Stephen,

Would like to test it out as well (I'll just operate a small airline).

My ID is #36799

I'm curious what the changes are.

Thanks.

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 08:49:00 am
I did operate a small airline in the test worlds a while ago; do I still have it Stephen? Sorry for going inactive with the testing :P

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 12:04:12 pm

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 12:33:44 pm
Hi there Stephen,

Would like to test it out as well (I'll just operate a small airline).

My ID is #36799

You are all set! You should now see a new private world (3423) that you are a member of. Full information is available on the in-game message board.
Stephen Murphy

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 03:13:24 pm
Great, cheers.

Based my airline in Lagos. Always a challenge to start off in sub-Saharan Africa, let's see how it goes.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:17:54 pm by Thunderstruck »

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 12:01:18 am
Great! I am using an old Demo account to act as a broker in the world so we are well stocked on A319's and ERJ175/190's.

Let us know your thoughts on the changes too.
Stephen Murphy

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 07:10:12 am
Hi Stephen,

The new maintenance system is pretty cool, thanks for all the hard work for this big change to the game.

I have not played extensively enough yet to figure out all the challenges or advantages of the new maintenance system.

Just wondering if you have tweaked up the ticket prices, perhaps in order to complement the lack of income due to scheduled maintenance?

The ticket prices seem very elevated. For instance for a route between New Delhi and Bangkok, operated with an A-319, the ticket price is 768€. In the real world, such a ticket would cost between 110 and 170 € maximum (one way tix, searched for Sept 2019).

Also, what would be nice would be to have as information what is the financial cost of maintenance on a fleet type, so that the player can immediately see the effects of the maintenance scheduled. Unless I have missed it, currently what I see is only a ratio which varies once I schedule maintenance, and I understand its theoretically best to keep this ration at "1". But where could I see the financial impact of having a ratio of "2" or "3" instead of "1". I think if players can see what the financial implications of this would be, they would understand better the need of keeping a low ratio.

Finally, and this is just an observation, I think what will happen is that airlines will operate fewer aircraft types. Like in the real world, it will be beneficial to have fleet commonality. On the other hand, players may therefore be less inclined to operate a variety of aircraft, as some enjoy doing.

I appreciate playing in that Test world, I like this new maintenance system, just throwing you a little feedback as requested. If I notice further things, I'll let you know.

Take care...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk