Airline Mogul Forum

alliances

jbauersa24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 21, 2011, 02:38:17 am
Not really sure I understand the benefit of alliances.  I know they allow you to base out another memebers hub, but doesn't that just add more competition to the airline based there?  Is there anything else to alliances that I am missing?

Jack

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:02:58 am
It's your 'friends' in the world, you can get good deals on planes, advice and stronger friends if your competition gets too strong.

All alliances have different rules, some doesn't allow alliance routes. Alliance routes can be good if you'd like to fly e.g. London-Beijing-Tokyo without having to make a base in Beijing or Tokyo. But some airlines misuse the opportunity of alliance routes and spam routes at other alliance members hubs.

So alliances doesn't really give much benefit, but it's your little community, your friends in game.

jbauersa24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 01:33:47 pm
Thanks.  Doe the alliance have the option to remove a member?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 07:49:25 pm
No, I don't think so. If you want to remove a member, mail to :staff:

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:04:51 pm

Are you sure? I'm quite sure the owner (of the alliance) can kick a member if he wishes to.

I seem to remember some trouble with ba4 after he got kicked out of an alliance by the owner.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:29 pm
Maybe. But other members can't, that's for sure.

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 04:02:34 am
I like alliances when they replace there fleet some members are kind enough to sell at a big discount to the little guys. The hubs are good for longhaul. Just because you use there base does not mean you have to fly the same route.

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:08:36 pm

Are you sure? I'm quite sure the owner (of the alliance) can kick a member if he wishes to.

I seem to remember some trouble with ba4 after he got kicked out of an alliance by the owner.

I've been alliance owner a couple times and I've never seen the kick option. Too bad tho, could have used it a couple time :lol:

@ Agent Orange
Be careful with buying planes from larger, more experienced airlines. Sometimes they take advantage of less experienced airlines by selling their old aircraft to them. It may look nice, but it is not. Because those planes will have sky high maintenance costs and could easily take down smaller airlines.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk