Airline Mogul Forum

A380?

fazon · 34 · 8354

fazon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 11, 2009, 04:29:36 am
When are you guys going to implement the A380 into the game?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 05:26:06 am
It is already in the game.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

fazon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 06:36:22 am
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize Aircraft search only applied to aircrafts that have been implemented during that game year.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 12:06:14 pm
You can see the full list of aircraft under Aircraft > View All Aircraft.

jetrc

• Airline Operative
  • Aspiring airline CEO
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 04:08:53 pm
Not much airlines would buy her though. She's probably a flop in the world of Airline Mogul.. :roll:
Avalon Air, Coming Soon.

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 04:26:27 pm
Not much airlines would buy her though. She's probably a flop in the world of Airline Mogul.. :roll:
Not exactly, just don't buy a whole bunch of them. MX costs will be sky high if you do. MX costs could be anywhere from €100mil to €1bil and upwards.
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 07:26:56 am
I tried to buy one in one world just for the sake of it, but the world finished before it was delivered. I think it would be reasonably popular, like the 747, so people can have the larget plane in the game.

jetrc

• Airline Operative
  • Aspiring airline CEO
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 01:14:32 pm
I tried to buy one in one world just for the sake of it, but the world finished before it was delivered. I think it would be reasonably popular, like the 747, so people can have the larget plane in the game.
But unless you are the number 1 airline in your world, the A380 is too expensive.

Not exactly, just don't buy a whole bunch of them. MX costs will be sky high if you do. MX costs could be anywhere from €100mil to €1bil and upwards.
Agreed. Maintenance costs will be very high. It would be a miracle if someone in AM would operate a large fleet of A380s.  :roll:
Avalon Air, Coming Soon.

Flybynight747

• Airline Operative
  • FLY 747s
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 05:45:05 pm
I operate in world #640
airline ID             #30312

I'm No1 in this world and with a comfortable DOC and lead over my nearest competitor have ordered 2 A380s.

To be honest, I have done this for the 'fun' element, just to see what can or cannot be achieved with this behemoth.

When I first started this game, the BEST advice I was given is that it should be FUN, try new things and find your feet and remember, it's just a game.

If interested, I will let you know how my A380 experience goes, from profit, best route, maintenance costs etc.
I'm more than happy to share this information with you all.
It will have to be taken from the fact that there are NO routes I can operate this A/C from (in my World) with NO competition.
As there are a LOT of well established L/H operators in my World.

JAY AIR (Fly High All)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 11:57:52 am
But unless you are the number 1 airline in your world, the A380 is too expensive.

Agreed. Maintenance costs will be very high. It would be a miracle if someone in AM would operate a large fleet of A380s.  :roll:

We can try operating a A380 only airline when its possible. It has to be a long haul only airline though flying the following:

ATL-LHR
ATL-ORD
LHR-ORD
PEK-HND
PEK-LHR
HND-LHR

All these are assuming that the database is with the latest passenger figures :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic

shocking how ATL's pax figures have gone from 90mill in 2008 to 51mill in 2009  :o

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 12:23:35 pm
51mil is a year to date number... Nov & Dec can be pretty big months I'd imagine, what with all the holidays 'n all.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 12:54:51 pm
51mil is a year to date number... Nov & Dec can be pretty big months I'd imagine, what with all the holidays 'n all.
true, but the economic crisis isnt helping though.

anyway, will have you seen my bug in the bugs section?

Flybynight747

• Airline Operative
  • FLY 747s
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 01:35:52 pm
Don't forget also that the figures quoted are for International traffic and does not include domestic passenger numbers.

I operated an A380 from HND to ATL and HND to LHR.
The first made a squeak of a profit, around 80K the second was minus 40K
There was obviously competition on the route, so I scrapped them.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 06:49:33 am
Those figures are "year-to-date figures from January to July" - i.e. half a year. They aren't that surprising. Although (Beijing's 18% rise excluded) it would appear just about all the airports fell a few percent.

laurus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 03:32:50 pm
A380's data is anyway wrong. The speed and the fuel consumption amongst the major things are wrong! Is there a person that could correct the mentioned faults?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk