Airline Mogul Forum

Funniest things happened on a plane

pck · 8 · 2203

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
on: July 03, 2009, 06:43:12 am
Well, what's the funniest/funny/lame thing you've heard/happened on a plane?

Mine:
I was flying with MAS (Malaysia Airlines for those unexposed people :P) from Kuala Lumpur to Shanghai, and there was a Chinese tourist walking around the plane, looking from side to side, as if investigating the aircraft (it was a perfect Boeing 777-200ER!). Then, this Chinese-descent male cabin crew went up to them and said with a smile: "Excuse me Sir, are you interested in buying this plane?" :D

Pavel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 11:26:13 am
LOL, did the other guy say anything afterwards?
Pavel

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:04:23 pm
The guy just smiled, and said in mandarin: "Wo bu dong ying wen" (I don't understand English), and the cabin crew just said may i help you in mandarin.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 08:25:02 pm
lol, i guess repeating the joke ruins the whole point of it :p It was actually quite a nice touch from a cabin crew, showing their true personality/uniqueness, unlike those same-looking China Eastern cabin crew that i thought were manikins at first, and had a monotonous voice. Yes, I am biased against all airlines except for MAS :D

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 09:24:08 pm
lol, i guess repeating the joke ruins the whole point of it :p It was actually quite a nice touch from a cabin crew, showing their true personality/uniqueness, unlike those same-looking China Eastern cabin crew that i thought were manikins at first, and had a monotonous voice. Yes, I am biased against all airlines except for MAS :D
talking about MAS, my best friend is malaysian

TTA

• Global Moderator
  • Airline Operative
  • SirMoo
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 08:37:10 pm
Ehh. I'll actually tell a real story of confusion I had on a flight.

South African Airways between Jo'Burg and Sao-Paulo, Brazil... This Asian guy was sitting next to me, when it was time for our meal the I of course was given a vegetarian one and the guy asked if he wanted chicken or beef. There was no reply to the scary flight attendant guy asked again to which he got the reply "Macaroni". Confused, we both looked at each other and slightly laughed and he asked a again getting the same answer of macaroni... He eventually just gave him a random meal and left.

If you're traveling, and can't speak English, I guess macaroni is a good first word.
IRC = Internet Relay Cow - Muu!
           (__)
           (oo)
    /------\/
 / |       ||
*  ||----||
   ^^    ^^
My robot eats grass. Muuuu!

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 09:05:11 am
Ehh. I'll actually tell a real story of confusion I had on a flight.

South African Airways between Jo'Burg and Sao-Paulo, Brazil... This Asian guy was sitting next to me, when it was time for our meal the I of course was given a vegetarian one and the guy asked if he wanted chicken or beef. There was no reply to the scary flight attendant guy asked again to which he got the reply "Macaroni". Confused, we both looked at each other and slightly laughed and he asked a again getting the same answer of macaroni... He eventually just gave him a random meal and left.

If you're traveling, and can't speak English, I guess macaroni is a good first word.
:lol: noted :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk