Airline Mogul Forum

Recent Routes in Flight Sim

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 02, 2012, 04:09:07 am
FSX. Just got it.

First route in wasn't a real flight, but FRD-YEG in a Delta 757-300. Friday Harbor is the default airport in FSX and I wanted to try it out with a real jet. Barely could taxi out of there, but got off the ground alright with 75% fuel for a nice 1 and a half flight over the Canadian Rockies.

Any AM flight simmers active recently?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:55:50 am
I like to do some airport hopping in that area (around Friday Harbour), as you can't turn anywhere without looking at an airport.

I like flying the big birds, so I often do long haul. If you are going to buy only one add-on it has to be FSPassengers, simulating the job as an airline pilot with much realism. Otherwise just use the free demo out of San Francisco.

Feel free to ask questions, we will try to answer them. But most important of all: Just have fun :D

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:39:25 am
I tried FSPassengers back when I had FS9 installed my old computer. It was okay, but too many things to worry about.

---
Updated routes flown:
YLW-YYC -- Another hop over the Canandian Rockies.
BPX-PEK -- BPX or Qamdo Bamda Airport is the world's highest airport at 4,334 metres (14,219 ft). The runway is 5,500   (18,045 ft) and I need almost all of it to get my China Eastern A319 off the ground. With engines on full and 75% fuel, the climbout is rather difficult. I tried to keep the accent at about 500 ft per minute until I was able to gain enough speed to switch to autopilot.

Intrigued by your own regional airline, I'm going to do PRG-TXL-EBJ (LKPR-EDDT-EKEB) in an SAS A321 (either that or Thomas Cook). Too big for the route, I suppose, but I'm just assuming the success of your airline warrants this large bird.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 07:53:34 am
Just finished the PRG-TXL-EBJ (LKPR-EDDT-EKEB) routing in the SAS 321. Took about 2 and half hours to do both routes all told.

FSX had me takeoff and and on the shortest runways in PRG and TXL, 12 or 13 and 26L/8R respectively and the runway at Esbjerg Airport is the only one, but it worked for landing.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 08:36:03 am
I imagine the largest plane being ~50-60 pax. Esbjerg is no bigger than 100k inhabitants. I used a Saab 340 for the Hamburg-Esbjerg and Köln-Esbjerg routes.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 08:14:13 pm
Yes, I imagine that the A321 was far too big, especially when I landed and realized there wasn't even a terminal.

I think EBJ-LCY-EBJ (EKEB-EGLC-EKEB) will be next in an A318.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:07:43 pm
Try downloading Denmark Scenery here, it should be free:
http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?title=Denmark_Scenery

I have it, and it looks nice. it kind of destroys the FSX taxiways, so just taxi without instructions ;)

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 08:29:42 am
I'll take a look at it. Finished the EBJ-LCY-EBJ (EKEB-EGLC-EKEB) route. The A318 was the perfect plane for that route. With 50% fuel, it made the whole trip with fuel to spare. Plus with only 30% fuel, it took off from London like a rocket (even more so than usual).

Right now I'm in the middle of a long haul route, a fictional Northwest Airlines route: DTW-JNB in an NWA 777-200LR.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 03:33:59 am
Just finished DTW-JNB. Wow that took a long time.

I was thinking that DTW-JNB-NRT-MEM-BOM-GRU-AMS-SYD-MSP-CPT-AKL-DTW would be a nice around the world (several times) routing.

It covers all of NWA's old bases (with fictional routings, of course).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:53:41 am by Calebrw »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:53 am
MEM-BOM-GRU-AMS looks kind of weird, back and forth.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 08:13:58 am
MEM-BOM-GRU-AMS looks kind of weird, back and forth.
In all reality, I could have gone pretty much anywhere from NRT, but I wanted to include Memphis. Originally I was thinking NRT-GRU, but that's around 9,984 nm (18,490 km) around 500 nm farther than the 77L is able to travel (~9,300 nm). NRT-LIM would be within range.

NRT-LIM-SYD-DTW would be a nice long haul segment, but NWA (or later Delta) would have have no reason to run these routes other than the fact that nobody is running them now.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 06:27:08 am
Did a couple of short hops today.

BMA-HEM-EBJ (ESSB-EFHF-EKEB) MD-88 on the first leg and the ERJ-145XR on the second.
BPX-KTM - Tibet Air A319

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 02:20:17 pm
I imagine the largest plane being ~50-60 pax. Esbjerg is no bigger than 100k inhabitants. I used a Saab 340 for the Hamburg-Esbjerg and Köln-Esbjerg routes.

Esbjerg did receive Ryanair 737-800s on a regular basis for several years though. Nowadays even 50-60 is optimistic. The ERJs and Dorniers that fly to Esbjerg only seat 37.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 06:01:50 pm
Just did CPH-Perth in a "re-engined" Concorde. Based on fuel calculations from a short hop, I should have been able to fly those 7300nm with fuel to spare (yes, surprised me too). But even with top tuned, fuel efficient engines, I landed on the fumes and ran out just as I stopped at the stand. Pro tip: Never fly more than 7000nm in a Concorde (~6hrs)!!

Detailed reports will be up here:
http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=13091.0

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 05:22:15 am
Finally had a chance to do a run this week: MSP-GEG (Spokane International) in a Project Airbus Delta A320-200. This a replication of Delta Flight 759 which runs daily in the late evenings on the A322.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk