Airline Mogul Forum

Engines of aircraft

ax3911

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 26, 2009, 01:21:30 pm
Let's talk about the engines of aircraft. Which engine do you like or hate most? Do you all have some more tips on this? I think that GE is the worst and PW and RR is better. I want to say that I always have unpleasant event once GE engined aircrafts are delivered. They always give me a double overall aircraft maintenance cost afterwards and they often have a higher fuel usage. Especially the GE-CF6 80 engine series, I have experienced a much higher aircraft maintenance cost. Therefore, I think you should also focus on the engines provided and avoid buying GE engined aircraft. However, I am thinking of buying a number of B767-200ER filtered with GE-CF6 80C272B which give a range of 7658 nm and allow me to open routes from USA west coast to Hong Kong and USA East coast to Beijing and Tokyo. What do you think? Do you all have some more tips on this?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 03:36:28 pm
The engine model itself should have no impact at all on the maintenance cost.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

ax3911

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 06:56:23 am
Then I am going to buy 5 GE-CF680C2B7F engined 767-200ER. If I find that there are any sudden rise in the maintenance fee after their delivery, I will report to you and hope that you can tackle the problem.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 07:52:27 am
Then I am going to buy 5 GE-CF680C2B7F engined 767-200ER. If I find that there are any sudden rise in the maintenance fee after their delivery, I will report to you and hope that you can tackle the problem.

I mean the model number and the manufacturer of the engine would have no impact on the maint cost. Maint cost is based on the performance specs of the aircraft for the most part. It is also correlated to the number of models / engine types you have in your fleet overall. That said, after purchasing a long-haul plane, you will see a rise in the maintenance costs. However it is due to the performance of the plane (as in its distance and seats, as well as number of engines) instead of the model of the engine. Hope I am clear on this....
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk