Airline Mogul Forum

Paypal Problem

Morgan · 13 · 2826

Morgan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 01, 2007, 03:02:17 pm
Well, How can i donate to AM if i don't have a credit card?
 :?
organ AirTrans (ID:1137) is decided to out of business in Airline Mogul.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 03:04:28 pm
At the moment, PayPal is the only method. There aren't too many other methods appart from EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) or sending a Cheque in the post. I wont be giving out any bank account numbers just yet though.

Thanks for the interest in donating, but for the moment PayPal is the only method!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 04:24:09 pm
Gimme you address Stephen, I'll send you a commemorative $10 HK bill to celebrate our 10th year back to China XD You can probably sell it to a Hong Konger for like $100 HK bucks :D
[20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
[20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
[20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 04:26:23 pm
If you want my address I'm sure you can find it. Its not too hard.
Stephen Murphy

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 04:41:34 pm
Quote from: "gizgiz"
Gimme you address Stephen, I'll send you a commemorative $10 HK bill to celebrate our 10th year back to China XD You can probably sell it to a Hong Konger for like $100 HK bucks :D

and i am pretty sure that it is

1. illegal to sell HK$10 for more than HK$10 in HK
2. the postage is at least HK$10, if not more
3. illegal to sent cash

:P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 05:37:44 pm
You can set up a paypal account with your credit card :)

raphaelmak

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 06:02:19 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "gizgiz"

and i am pretty sure that it is

1. illegal to sell HK$10 for more than HK$10 in HK
2. the postage is at least HK$10, if not more
3. illegal to sent cash

:P

He's mentioning a commemorative HK$10 bill, which I suppose in some cases could not be used as normal legal tender (like some of the set of commemorative coins released in 1997)?

BTW, I have never heard of a commemorative $10 note released in this July (you're not talking about the new plastic banknotes, are you?)

It only costs HK$3.00 to send an air mail less than 20g in weight to a Zone 2 destination incl. Ireland~
And I suppose a HK$10 banknote weighs much less than 20g? (I have never done so)

I am not sure if cash sent via international mail is regarded as "black money"? (I am not familiar with the regulations~)

I suppose it's okay to sell coins, banknotes, etc. for the sole purpose of collecting (but don't take for granted that selling banknotes for a price higher than the printed amount is legal... coz I am not 100% sure on things like this...)
ttention City Express of Hong Kong

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 06:34:12 pm
Quote from: "raphaelmak"
BTW, I have never heard of a commemorative $10 note released in this July (you're not talking about the new plastic banknotes, are you?)

Same here. Never heard of those. :?

It only costs HK$3.00 to send an air mail less than 20g in weight to a Zone 2 destination incl. Ireland~
And I suppose a HK$10 banknote weighs much less than 20g? (I have never done so)

If it really is a special note, I don't suppose you would send it by normal airmail, and without any protection :?

I am not sure if cash sent via international mail is regarded as "black money"? (I am not familiar with the regulations~)

Depends on the regulation of the country/region. I don't know about Ireland but in most countries, it is illegal (eg. USA). I worked in a 5-star hotel in the summer for my internship, and both the concierge and the housekeeping (lost&found) said money (ie. notes/bills/coins) cannot be mailed internationally due to legal reason.

I suppose it's okay to sell coins, banknotes, etc. for the sole purpose of collecting (but don't take for granted that selling banknotes for a price higher than the printed amount is legal... coz I am not 100% sure on things like this...)

Technically, you can't do that in Hong Kong illegally (because a $10 is worth $10 :roll: ), but it happens all the time. Remember those green $10 bills? People were selling them at $10, but the extras they charged were for handling fee, lucky/consequence numbers... etc (technically). But if I remember correctly, you can't actually sell a $10 for more than $10 by law (some lawyer spoke about that on TV and radio... but I guess we were both really young at that time :wink: ) . Same with selling a ticket for a football match at a price higher than its listed price.

P.S. Can I switch back to the old skin?? I can't get the right button (quote/edit/delete) as Air Elbonia has pointed out. :?
D Express (id 616) 8)

Daniel Doorgakant

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 07:11:59 pm
You'll get used to it
Daniel Doorgakant
Airline Mogul Administrator

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 07:59:10 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
P.S. Can I switch back to the old skin?? I can't get the right button (quote/edit/delete) as Air Elbonia has pointed out. :?

Its on the top right. ;)
Stephen Murphy

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 08:11:46 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"

Its on the top right. ;)

I know it but I still can't get to them... at least not the right one :roll:
Next I would delete a post that I want edited and moved a post I want locked :P
D Express (id 616) 8)

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 09:01:55 pm
Morgan, are you in the EU?
Then you can transfer to me via Eban Swift, and I'll transfer the funds via Paypal to AM, trust me send your money :D

But seriously, if needed, I'll help anyone in the EU without a credit card to transfer money to AM.
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Daniel Doorgakant

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 12:10:06 am
As generous as that is, I cant allow that. We cant have AM being blamed for a member taking money and not handing it on.
Daniel Doorgakant
Airline Mogul Administrator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk