Airline Mogul Forum

No revenue or costs on 1 Sep 1971

Wizzie

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 11:57:55 am
I knew there was an explaination for this when i checked my finances page about 2-3 mins ago
MelAir (MLA)
ID: 11730
Flying you there in luxury
Official member of the unofficial "I need help" club

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 02:15:25 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
There are additional costs now. Nothing too big, but its a start.

My maintenance bill went from 2.97 bn to 5.26 bn! Nothing too big, you say?! :evil:

You'll make easyJets of us all! :cry:

OK, I was one who asked for increased costs. Silly me. Can't complaint now.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 02:41:44 pm
:evil:  :evil:  :evil: (wwith my nose bleeding)
WTF!!! The maintianence cost are soooo high (78% of the overall cost):cry:  :cry:  :cry:
My airline is going to bankrupt soon if it continues....

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

trekwars2000

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 03:29:09 pm
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
:evil:  :evil:  :evil: (wwith my nose bleeding)
WTF!!! The maintianence cost are soooo high (78% of the overall cost):cry:  :cry:  :cry:
My airline is going to bankrupt soon if it continues....

Mine when up as well.  I am near 3bil a day in mait. costs...  This brings up another question.  With over 1.5 bil of leased planes out, why did I not get paid for them last month and why do I pay maitnence on them?  

Shouldn't the leaser pay?

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 03:50:11 pm
Quote from: "trekwars2000"
With over 1.5 bil of leased planes out, why did I not get paid for them last month and why do I pay maitnence on them?  

Shouldn't the leaser pay?

You did get paid. It's just that the revenue was not logged. But both your cash and your airline value should reflect your leasing revenue.

And why does the leaser pay maintenance? Well, damp leasing contracts, that's why.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 05:10:43 pm
So I see they've added engineering and tech services salaries....does that mean there's an advantage to having a more uniform fleet, as you don't need to hire as many engineers?

Mine's at 68%.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 05:39:25 pm
As you should all see, the Salaries are quite low. When I was putting the concept together, it was felt that the ratio of staff per plane was too high, so it was lowered. The way it is calculated is the fleet /3. That means that for each individual aircraft type, unless it was divisible by 3 it would have an effect, but only a few thousand a month. In the second maintenance change, common fleets and scrapping should make a bigger difference with lower costs for new parts, and scrapped planes could also be used for parts (As they are supposed to be)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

a1b23

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 08:09:44 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
As you should all see, the Salaries are quite low. When I was putting the concept together, it was felt that the ratio of staff per plane was too high, so it was lowered. The way it is calculated is the fleet /3. That means that for each individual aircraft type, unless it was divisible by 3 it would have an effect, but only a few thousand a month. In the second maintenance change, common fleets and scrapping should make a bigger difference with lower costs for new parts, and scrapped planes could also be used for parts (As they are supposed to be)

So a standardized fleet will have benefit in game like there is in real life (southwest)?
1b23

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 09:00:11 pm
Thats the way it should be, but the concept for the second stage of maintenance needs to be developed further. Its very much a set of loose ideas.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk