Airline Mogul Forum

Maintenance Cost

dotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 10:46:00 am
Quote from: "StephenM"
Thats because it is impossible. ;)

sorry to argue, but it would be impossible only if someone was manually setting maintenance fees per plane for every airline. because there is a formula behind, the maintenance fee is very exact and could be calculated in advance.
size=9]Adria Airways - The Airline of Slovenia[/size]

[size=9]ID 11301[/size]

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 11:00:05 am
I have 185 planes and 25 on order.
The maintainence fee : €558,422,734 :x  :x  :evil:  :evil:
Overall costs: €708,680,163
Average plane age: about 1
Fu*kingly high maint. cost :evil:  :evil:
Income too low, but maint. cost TOOO high <<<I suspect 727s have high maint. cost
Pleasezzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Show us the maintainence fee in the 'buy aircraft' page :cry:  :cry: <<<< Kneeling on the ground and crying for mercy

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 11:24:56 am
Quote from: "dotter"
the maintenance fee is very exact and could be calculated in advance.

The minute you buy an extra plane, the overall fee changes. It also changes every day due to the plane getting older.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

AndyC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 11:31:59 am
It is far too high stephen - it's well over 60-70 percent of my profits eaten away just like that. I'm scared to spend any money, cause I'll be back in the bollocking red.

At least give us a proper financial system so that we can see, accurately, exactly how much we're going to be deducted at the start of each month. Then we can keep that money aside and avoid going into debt.
img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6280/ewaysyj4.jpg[/img]

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 11:40:09 am
Stephen-you've already admitted that it changes in predictable ways, not just any way it feels like it. Therefore an estimate of maintenance cost for each plane should be doable. It's not like I'm going to sue you for fraud if the figure isn't exact. There's a reason it's an "estimate".

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

dotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 11:42:16 am
Quote from: "StephenM"
The minute you buy an extra plane, the overall fee changes. It also changes every day due to the plane getting older.

I understand that, but why make things complicated this way? AM separates the maintenance crew paychecks and maintenance fees for a plane - why? Is there any game play improvement because of this? Why can't this be one fee instead of 2?

Just to make an example:

1/2/1984 Monthly Engineer & Tech Services Salaries €1,797,750
1/2/1984 Monthly Maintenance Fees €70,276,722
1/1/1984 Monthly Engineer & Tech Services Salaries €1,797,750
1/1/1984 Monthly Maintenance Fees €64,553,458

wtf?! salaries the same, maintenance up by 6M €?!

On the other hand, the game features leases. How the hell can I calculate the lease fee that will keep me profitable? Trial and error? For game play sake don't bring micromanagement in a game that does not provide it.

[size=9]ID 11301[/size]

herrgoda

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 12:08:21 pm
Quote from: "dotter"
wtf?! salaries the same, maintenance up by 6M €?!

The planes are getting older and thus need more maintenance, which results in a higher maintenance cost. But it's the same mechanics working on the planes. Simple as that.
img]http://www.herrgoda.de/shack/logo.jpg[/img]
W4 - 11377

dotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 12:19:35 pm
Quote from: "herrgoda"
The planes are getting older and thus need more maintenance, which results in a higher maintenance cost. But it's the same mechanics working on the planes. Simple as that.

sure it is simple as that, as it is simple that in one year that maintenance cost will grow by 72M € making my maintenance bill 140M €, an increase of 100%! come on, you cannot sell me this stuff.

[size=9]ID 11301[/size]

herrgoda

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 01:09:56 pm
Err, as to why it goes through the roof like that I can only speculate, and I won't. But it's coded like that.
If that makes sense or mirrors reality, I don't know, and I can't imagine that it does, actually. But as with most other things in AM: If that's the way Stephen wants it to be, we'll have to deal with it.
W4 - 11377

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 03:47:09 pm
Just To tell you what I mean:
Add another collumn in the Purchase Aircraft page next to the fuel usage
A/c name
Airbus A370
Seats
Fuel usage
Maint. cost
$1000
Just for example

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 04:08:50 pm
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"

Income too low, but maint. cost TOOO high <<<I suspect 727s have high maint. cost
Pleasezzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Show us the maintainence fee in the 'buy aircraft' page :cry:  :cry: <<<< Kneeling on the ground and crying for mercy

*joins in*

herrgoda

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 04:14:06 pm
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
Just To tell you what I mean:
Add another collumn in the Purchase Aircraft page next to the fuel usage
A/c name
Airbus A370
Seats
Fuel usage
Maint. cost
$1000
Just for example

This is not really possible, as the maintenance cost for every single aircraft is different. You might have the initial maintenance for a new plane in there (which is 1% of the purchase price), but after 1 game month of service the costs go up, so this information, as badly as you want it, will be of no use to you as long as the maintenance is billed the way it is currently.
W4 - 11377

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 04:18:05 pm
Well since it goes up by percentages and not an absolute monetary amount we'd know which planes have relatively low maintenance costs and which planes have relatively higher maintenance costs, and that's the whole point.

What needs to happen is a complete overhaul. You expect me to believe that adding 7 airplanes to my fleet will up my maintenance costs by 150 million euros? I hope to god you're kidding.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

herrgoda

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 04:22:16 pm
Quote from: "yourefired"
Well since it goes up by percentages and not an absolute monetary amount we'd know which planes have relatively low maintenance costs and which planes have relatively higher maintenance costs, and that's the whole point.

You should know it even now, as maintenance depends on purchase price.
Expensive plane = high maintenance costs
Cheap plane = low maintenance costs

If you have say two planes to choose from and you want the one with the lower maintenance costs, buy the cheaper one. It's really that easy...
W4 - 11377

dotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 04:23:26 pm
Maintenance should be the same as fuel costs. We all know that older engines use more fuel than new ones. But AM ignores that. Why? Because it would be too complicated to make this cost variable.

Maintenance cost should be much more simple than it is now. I understand that under the current calculation, displaying that cost is difficult. So what I'm suggesting is reshape the maintenance cost structure and make it more aircraft based. On the same train, introduce discounts if an airline has more planes from the same manufacturer.

Or at least introduce an extra field "current maintenance cost" for each plane.

[size=9]ID 11301[/size]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk