1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
on: September 04, 2012, 06:30:02 pm
Hi there,

I am considering making a regional virtual airline in Denmark. But any virtual airline will need a website; so I'd like to ask you if you have any good (or bad) experiences with website hosting? Which hosting provider would you recommend? Is Google websites enough? I would prefer free hosting, but 1-3$ monthly is acceptable.

Thanks for your advice!

EDIT:
I have found a solution, thanks anyway to anybody interested!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:30:16 pm by 1993matias »

bolli

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:32:02 am
As I can't send you a PM  ??? Send me an email and I might be able to help you.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:11:52 pm by bolli »

davecummings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Plane Spotting for the digital age
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:27:59 pm
www.raamweb.co.uk are very good i host my site www.b787register.co.uk with them mention me and my site if you do go to them they may give you a discount probably not but worth a try anyway!
Plane Spotters Log
-------------------------------------
www.planespotterslog.co.uk

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 09:06:27 am
I got hosting, I am just configuring the website. The airline is called Wesdas (Short for West Danish Air Service) based in Esbjerg. Routes are:

^^^ Are flown with an A320.* Dunno about the ETOPS across the Atlantic though... :P

Short routes are these:

Orange are seasonal. Samsø is a little island just our from the second largest city in Denmark. I think I'll do some more routes from there too.
Fleet will be one A320, CRJ700, ERJ135, Saab 340A, and Cessna Caravan.

*Funny thing, I can get my A320 to fly 3000nm - seven hours non stop! The standard A321 ran out after 2000nm... :P

I'll make sure to notify you all when the VA is ready for registration!

davecummings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:44:50 am
I would have offered but i have only ever flown boeing on FSX
Plane Spotters Log

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:08:49 pm
All aircraft I use are freeware. The Airbus is *the* best aircraft I've ever flown in FSX. Ever. And it's free! It's from Project Airbus, they are better than Project Open Sky was :)

davecummings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 01:04:05 pm
Link me!
Plane Spotters Log

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 01:53:48 pm
http://www.pafs.wf/

AVsim library seach for:
A318: pa318fd_v2_299527.zip
A319: pa319fd_v3.zip
A320: pa320fd_v3_302581.zip
A321: pa321_base_pack_fsx.zip

Click on downloads. They currently have the 320 series and the 380. Liveries are found on their own website.
Read the documentation before flying, it explains how to use the enhanced features. You will be very happy indeed to use them!

To get back on topic, their A320 is the 320 I will be using in this VA. I am currently almost done with a repaint for it. The CRJ700 and Cessna Caravan are included in FSX.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 03:34:33 am
Interesting. A320 family is rated to 120 minutes according to Airbus.

Based on US population centers, this would provide more Danish Americans direct flights...

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:54 am
How about Chicago instead of Milwaukee? But I would rather fly into New York, as that is a popular city amongst Danes. Minneapolis will stay though, I hope the Danish diaspora are enough to fill a weekly 320 - to eastern Jutland (~250km from the capital) :P

PS; more news on the VA to come. The website is currently being configured.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 01:44:36 pm
Esbjerg? :lol: :lol: :lol: The place stinks of fish! Wouldn't Billund be more reasonable? If you don't want Copenhagen Kastrup, you can always fly to Copenhagen Tune instead ;)

O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 05:19:42 pm
How about Chicago instead of Milwaukee? But I would rather fly into New York, as that is a popular city amongst Danes. Minneapolis will stay though
Neither Chicago or Milwaukee is served from KEF, however Minneapolis has a daily 753 in the summer from KEF on FI. ORD or MDW is obviously in a larger city, but MKE is closer to the existing Danish American population.

I hope the Danish diaspora are enough to fill a weekly 320 - to eastern Jutland (~250km from the capital)
I have feeling that a few of these will connectors through KEF-EBJ and onto Europe. For instance it's cheaper to fly from MSP via KEF to LHR/AMS/CDG most most of the time on FI than direct on Delta.

Esbjerg? :lol: :lol: :lol: The place stinks of fish! Wouldn't Billund be more reasonable? If you don't want Copenhagen Kastrup, you can always fly to Copenhagen Tune instead ;)
I think he said on another topic that he is looking for a base at Esbjerg because there isn't a lot of traffic in and out already and he wants to build it into a thriving European hub.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 05:56:44 pm
How about Chicago instead of Milwaukee? But I would rather fly into New York, as that is a popular city amongst Danes. Minneapolis will stay though
Neither Chicago or Milwaukee is served from KEF, however Minneapolis has a daily 753 in the summer from KEF on FI. ORD or MDW is obviously in a larger city, but MKE is closer to the existing Danish American population.
Well, there might be a reason Icelandair flies to Minnesota, it has the highest percent of Scandinavian-Americans in USA (32%). There are most Danes in California though (200 000), but Minnesota comes in third with ~80 000. Maybe I'll make the flight KEF-MSP-MKE-KEF, it doesn't add that much time. Otherwise I have ~48 hours left over in the flight schedule, who know, maybe KEF-MKE-SFO?

I hope the Danish diaspora are enough to fill a weekly 320 - to eastern Jutland (~250km from the capital)
I have feeling that a few of these will connectors through KEF-EBJ and onto Europe. For instance it's cheaper to fly from MSP via KEF to LHR/AMS/CDG most most of the time on FI than direct on Delta.
What do you mean by connect KEF-EBJ and onto Europe? This airline is mostly directed to Danes, but other people are welcome too ;)

I think he said on another topic that he is looking for a base at Esbjerg because there isn't a lot of traffic in and out already and he wants to build it into a thriving European hub.
I think Skagen is more stinky, VS!!!
Maybe there will be European flights from Herning, Thisted and Aalborg in the future, but nothing is sure yet. This airline is primarily aiming at the Jutlanders. And as Billund already has its share of traffic, I prefer Esbjerg. It is just 50km away, not the big deal!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk