1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
on: August 14, 2012, 05:42:25 pm
Hi!

I'm making my own little virtual airline in Denmark (using FSpassengers), and I want to expand my fleet. I'm looking for a good freeware CRJ100/200 and ERJ135/140/145 for my FSX, so if you have any recommendations, you are welcome to leave a reply below with a description and how to find the download.

Also, if you have any good light aircraft you'd like to share, feel free to post a link!

Thanks in advance!

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 12:01:24 am
I've always had good luck from the following:
http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php?app=downloads
http://simviation.com/1/browse-Civil+Jets-55-0

I haven't used any of these for FSX. FS9 some years ago.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 08:57:58 am
Thanks, I'll try to look there :)

Zach21GF

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 08:52:12 pm
Matias, you should make it a real VA. I might even join :D

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 09:26:12 pm
Too much work, and there are already so many VA's out there. But feel free to fly the routes:

http://bit.ly/QdFo2w - all jets, orange are seasonal.
http://bit.ly/PVIEAn - cyan is jet, orange seasonal.

I'll consider it :)

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 04:37:32 am
I have a couple of downloads going now that I will take a look at. I don't know if my standards and your are up to yours, but I'll let you know.

One is CRJ-200 and one is ERJ-145.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 09:12:55 am
Just finished EBJ-MUC-CIA (EKEB-EDDM-LIRA) in an ERJ-145XR. The model is by Project OpenSky (now defunct).

I found the -145 a joy to fly when taking off and on final approach: responsive controls. Depending on load factors and the length of the runway, the -145 seems quite capable of steep climbouts when under full power or abbreviated power climbouts for noise reduction purposes. The -145 is a bit fuel thirsty when blasting off like this, so a reduced power takeoff may be the way to go to get the full 2000 nm claimed range.

For instance with 35% fuel, I was unable to get from Esbjerg to Munich with full power takeoff and climbout procedures.

For me the hardest thing to get used to was the Autopilot. Unlike other panels, the setting aren't always displayed near the switches. For instance, the Altitude and V/S controls both show on the instrument panel (on the compass, but not as a number) where as with most panels they show up right about the switch itself. The heading and course information is on the instrument panel as well. The speed is on the instrument panel as well.

The -145 may be worthwhile to your airline if you can find the optimum cruise height on short hops, the best takeoff and climbout procedures and are familiar with the instrument panel, especially the Autopilot.

Also, this doesn't come with a VC, so if that's a thing for you (it's not really something I care about), then you won't want this model.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 10:05:21 am
Sounds good, I'll try it out. How about the CRJ?

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 07:11:16 pm
Haven't flown it yet. Will do so later today.

----

I briefly flew the CRJ-200ER by POSKY originally from 2002. Comes with VC, but both it and the 2D panel were hard to use. The autopilot, especially so. On autopilot, the plane banked very hard completing a turn, somewhere in the neighborhood of 70-80 degrees off level. I wouldn't assume that this is a good maneuver to perform while carrying passengers. I wouldn't recommend this model.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:52:00 pm by Calebrw »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk