1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
on: February 13, 2012, 11:49:35 pm
Hi!

In the worlds with many players, the in-game forum gets used a lot. As it isn't possible to see if there are new posts in a thread like in a normal forum, I use the index page to see what new posts there are in the forum. But it only shows the three newest posts, leaving many more posts unseen. I really like reading the airline news threads, when new posts arrive I like to just take a pause and read the new post.
I think adding a couple more posts on the index page will improve the in-game forum.

Thanks in advance :)

PS: how many times did I say 'posts'?

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:21:40 pm
I see 12 posts ;) It should be 17 including this post
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:58:44 pm
Hi!

In the worlds with many players, the in-game forum gets used a lot. As it isn't possible to see if there are new posts in a thread like in a normal forum, I use the index page to see what new posts there are in the forum. But it only shows the three newest posts, leaving many more posts unseen. I really like reading the airline news threads, when new posts arrive I like to just take a pause and read the new post.
I think adding a couple more posts on the index page will improve the in-game forum.

I definitely agree with you and it should be an easy fix. When Rens (MrOrange) originally set out to build it we discussed how to make a new posts system but didn't quite get the logic of it, so that's why we have the three newest posts appear. As an term measure I could increase it to 5/7/10, limited to one post per thread or all posts or allow a user preference. I'll think about the user preference end a bit more but hopefully will get a chance to do a quick fix.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:46:47 pm
limited to one post per thread or all posts or allow a user preference. I'll think about the user preference end a bit more but hopefully will get a chance to do a quick fix.
I think the limit to one post per thread is a good idea. Sometimes threads go on for an eternity if left alone for a couple of hours.

Anyway, thanks for taking a look at it! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk