Airline Mogul Forum

Two minor suggestions on viewing fleet

kcclieou

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 09, 2010, 07:45:48 pm
I have two minor suggestions which would make it more convenient for us doing statistics:

1. In addition to the fleet management function (which I use primarily for sorting aircraft based on which hubs they operate out of), perhaps it would be a nice idea to be able to do a fleet breakdown based on aircraft type (i.e. add hyperlinks in the 'aircraft summary' table below so that the game can display the fleet according to aircraft type). This would enable us to compare aircraft age and aircraft DOC within a single subfleet, among other things, i.e. would work in the same way as the fleet management function.

(Yes, I know that when we opt to view all aircraft in our fleet we have the option to arrange them according to type, but this does not conveniently enable us to view a single type, nor does it permit us to compare aircraft DOC for a single type easily).

2. In addition to the 'aircraft ranking' function, which presently allows us to view the number of aircraft in the world according to aircraft type (as well as the airlines which operate a particular aircraft type, ranked according to the subfleet size), it would be useful if there is a function that allows us to rank airlines according to the total fleet size. I believe this is easily doable.
W506 - Ivy League Airways - Your Choice for Academic Travel
W737 - Delta Air Lines - One Great Airline, Together in Style
W1162 - Southwest Airlines - A Symbol of Freedom
W1481 - United Airlines - It's Time to Fly

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:54:45 pm
Both sound fair and logical implementations. I will see what I can do.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:49:07 am
Implemented.
Stephen Murphy

kcclieou

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 07:22:10 am
Thanks. :)

But there appears to be a problem with the 'view aircraft by type' feature at the moment. For example, I own 80 A319s in PW#1481 (which incidentally has already been completed), among which 31 are A319-131's (the 2086nm range variant with IAE V2522 engines), and 49 are A319-132's (the 4254nm range variant with IAE V2524 engines), and when I click the link to view all A319s it turns out that only the -131 type aircraft are displayed.

The same goes for other models with more than one variant.
W506 - Ivy League Airways - Your Choice for Academic Travel
W737 - Delta Air Lines - One Great Airline, Together in Style
W1162 - Southwest Airlines - A Symbol of Freedom
W1481 - United Airlines - It's Time to Fly

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:22 am
Thanks. :)

But there appears to be a problem with the 'view aircraft by type' feature at the moment. For example, I own 80 A319s in PW#1481 (which incidentally has already been completed), among which 31 are A319-131's (the 2086nm range variant with IAE V2522 engines), and 49 are A319-132's (the 4254nm range variant with IAE V2524 engines), and when I click the link to view all A319s it turns out that only the -131 type aircraft are displayed.

The same goes for other models with more than one variant.

Thats due to the logic I applied to that filter. I will change it around to go by the aircraft name rather than the exact airframe/engine type.
Stephen Murphy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk