Airline Mogul Forum

Bancruptcy question

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 05:45:40 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
ignore dex, he's just being scary.  the randomness is at present not tied to any regular cycle.

Nah... the randomness is exactly what I am trying to illustrate here. Who knows? Stephen might click on the button on the 24th or he might do it half an hour later on the 1st because we keep chatting with him on gtalk :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 06:33:23 am
Once you automate the script, I'd like to recommend that it runs at a random time every game month. That way, we don't have the gate renting frenzy at the month change.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 09:11:15 am
The script has not been run regularly enough (Bankruptcy for less than €0 value) because it is still being tested.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Gustavo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 02:59:27 pm
Again, I insist: that's not fair. If I earn money enough to pay my dues and, in the end of the month, I still have cash, I'm not a banckruptcy case.

Besides, if it was going to work this way, then it should be working this way since the beginning of the game. I, for example, started to play like this, the game accepted. if the game accepted, I, obviously thought that it would always accept. Everybody would. If this bankruptcy system is about to change, it shouldn't even get started. it should start the way it was supposed to be. Negative companies in the beginning of the month, but profitable in the end of it, should go bankrupty in the fist month game. Changing it now means changing the rules after the start. Again: not fair.
img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1553/logonordestefinalgifjr4.gif[/img]

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 03:01:24 pm
Say that again? The first day was more terrible... only one plane you could have. 500.000 cash... dc-3 for leasing on market for half value (2.400.000)  :roll:

At least they made profit  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 03:09:27 pm
Quote from: "Gustavo"
Again, I insist: that's not fair. If I earn money enough to pay my dues and, in the end of the month, I still have cash, I'm not a banckruptcy case.

Besides, if it was going to work this way, then it would be working this way since the beginning of the game. I, for example, started to play like this, the game accepted. if the game accepted, I, obviously thought that it would always accept. Everybody would. If this bankruptcy system is about to change, it shouldn't even get started. it should start the way it was supposed to be. Negative companies in the beginning of the month, but profitable in the end of it, should go bankrupty in the fist month game. Changing it now means changing the rules after the start. Again: not fair.

I would say fair. In real life, you get bankrupt if you can't hand out cash. You don't even have to be in negative networth to get sued and the assets auctioned off. So, it is more than fair to bankrupt airlines with negative networth. That just isn't how businesses work. :wink:

Think about it though; if you stop leasing new planes, you would no longer get into negative in a few game months (if your airline is as "profitable" as you claim it to be) :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 08:46:55 am
I remember putting 70 DC-3's at 1.800.000... Got all leased within an hour...

:lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk