Airline Mogul Forum

Alliance for Realistic 2.0

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 21, 2011, 10:44:01 pm
Hello all,
In Realistic 2.0, there are five airlines willing to make an alliance. We currently have no international members. If you are interested, please post it on this thread. Here was what I was thinking:

Global United Air
Global United Connection
Global United Express
Delte Airlines
Delte Connection
Kiwi Air
Air Dingo
Kookaburra Konnect
Mandela Air
Four Lions Airways
Lofthansa
Oahu Air
Eastern China Airlines
jetWorld Airlines
Gulf Air
Baltic Air
Flying Dutchmen

If you would be interested at all, just let me know. I incorporated both the major US groups along with many of the European airlines. We would not be as strong in Asia, but I think another alliance should get that. Australia is basically ours. Again, this is all preliminary. Nothing is set in stone. 

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:50:27 pm
I like that! For the US regional airlines such as Dobbins, AirbusGuy and myself, This is creating a web of routes within the US that this alliance of US Carriers can use to create nationwide routes. It also would benefit the Euro airlines because they could use alliance routes all throughout Europe
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:52:10 pm by East West Airlines »

kevinaj

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:09:57 am
I'd like to be in this alliance.

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:40:22 am
Delte group plans to have a base in JFK so we may face issues there, maybe we can work it out though.

kevinaj

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 02:08:32 am
Maybe a base at LaGaurdia or Newark Liberty can be a good base.

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 02:36:31 am
Maybe a base at LaGaurdia or Newark Liberty can be a good base.

Not for us because we are emulating real world Delta Airlines

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 02:55:54 am
kevinaj, Global United plans to have a base in Newark. If you would take LaGuardia, Dulles, or Boston that would be greatly appreciated.

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 02:56:45 am
I am going to have a base in LGA.

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 03:23:51 am
Oh, ok. kevinaj, please regard this with complete respect: unless Delte Group moves on their position to let someone share their hub, you will not be allowed into the alliance. It's just part of my rules for the alliance.

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 05:19:57 am
I might be alone in this, but I think it kind of defeats the purpose to have one giant alliance that dominates the world with well over half of the airlines in it.  The only major airlines in the USA wouldn't be in the same alliance, they would instead be fierce competitors!  Look at the real world - since the legacies have primarily consolidated into the big three of DL/UA/AA, each of the three is in a different alliance.

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 12:51:29 pm
I might be alone in this, but I think it kind of defeats the purpose to have one giant alliance that dominates the world with well over half of the airlines in it.  The only major airlines in the USA wouldn't be in the same alliance, they would instead be fierce competitors!  Look at the real world - since the legacies have primarily consolidated into the big three of DL/UA/AA, each of the three is in a different alliance.

You are correct but I think we can make it work.

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 01:44:21 pm
You know, Airbus, you are letting us use a hub at LAX while you are also there. Maybe you should share that base as well.

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 02:06:39 pm
You know, Airbus, you are letting us use a hub at LAX while you are also there. Maybe you should share that base as well.

Yes, but the difference is that we're basically going to use LAX as an Int'l gateway, I'm thinking about shutting off the LAX hub, instead building an NRT hub, and then maybe we could run some alliance flights to int'l points from LAX?

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 02:33:55 pm
That sounds like a good idea. Just remember that you would have to give up another hub because intl. hubs cost you two hub slots.

ba4

Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 02:34:18 pm
I will join.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk