Airline Mogul Forum

AM slows down my internet connection...

CrazyHorse

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 03, 2008, 09:29:00 am
I don't know if there's something wrong with my computer, my connection or AM, but here's the problem...

When I log into AM in the morning, everything is quite fast, but after editing 15-20 routes, checking the aircraft market etc, the connection gets pretty slow. THis don't happen with any other sites, and I have to reconnect to the net to make it fast again.

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM running Windows Vista and Firefox. My connection is 10mbps.

insertsoul

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 11:57:59 am
Quote from: "CrazyHorse"
I don't know if there's something wrong with my computer, my connection or AM, but here's the problem...

When I log into AM in the morning, everything is quite fast, but after editing 15-20 routes, checking the aircraft market etc, the connection gets pretty slow. THis don't happen with any other sites, and I have to reconnect to the net to make it fast again.

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM running Windows Vista and Firefox. My connection is 10mbps.

i think it's your internet my connection is 54Mbps
img]http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6189/klmusamy9.jpg[/img]
World's RELIABLE AIRLINE|PROUD MEMBER OF BLUESKIES
Member of the Asian sMiles Programme

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 01:29:15 pm
Quote from: "CrazyHorse"
My connection is 10mbps.

Quote from: "insertsoul"
my connection is 54Mbps

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:16:38 pm
Hmm...

weird. I... I don't know what to say to that. I know my firefox occasionally (seems to) have a memory overrun involved in some AJAX/Flash related actions...  However, that's just a very loose theory.  I can't think of why this website in particular wold slow your connection down, certainly (to my knowledge) there is nothing which should be otherwise abnormal or troublesome that would sludge up your pipe.  If any advertisements specifically are causing virii or other dreaded problems, let us know though.

And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material...
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 04:04:39 pm
I always knew AM was designed to slow down peoples computers. :lol:

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 07:31:11 pm
you guys need to come to the philippines where I am typing faster than my internet connection can handle (laughing) you guys talk about 54m per second, I think I am at 54k per second here in paradise. i think i need another beer now.

scott in the philippines

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 08:24:27 pm
weird, however fast the internet connection is, its more than mine and mines really fast bur not as fast as all of yours.  (1MB/s)

I suggest that you download ccleaner, choose the things you want to delete off the computer (for example things like temporary internet files etc, wont delete files) and then defrag your drive by using auslogic disk defragmenter which is free and defrags my drive in about 10-20 mins (but take into consideration that I defrag my drive once every few days) try it then and see if you still have the problem

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 11:10:36 pm
Try to download a new version of your browser- my Opera used to have this problem as well a while ago

or stop watching those naughty films while playing AM :lol:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

insertsoul

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 12:09:53 am
Quote from: "scottj63"
you guys need to come to the philippines where I am typing faster than my internet connection can handle (laughing) you guys talk about 54m per second, I think I am at 54k per second here in paradise. i think i need another beer now.

scott in the philippines

GIVE ME SOME SANMIG hahaha
img]http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6189/klmusamy9.jpg[/img]
World's RELIABLE AIRLINE|PROUD MEMBER OF BLUESKIES
Member of the Asian sMiles Programme

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 01:35:53 am
Your problem is the 4GB RAM, with vista system after 2GB RAM the computer starts to get extremely slow. This has been reported by Microsoft on their website, and has also happened to myself.

Yahiko

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 02:56:45 am
*laughs*

Some of you need to take Cisco networking classes to learn about load balancing.  ;)

Sanosuke!
img]http://www.nucleus.com/~sonic/yahikoairlogo.jpg[/img]

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 06:15:30 pm
It's the ad for New Heroes.
When it appears, the game slows to a crawl.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 07:59:01 pm
Quote from: "Fleur-de-Lis"
It's the ad for New Heroes.
When it appears, the game slows to a crawl.

new heroes? Are we talking about the heroes tv show online MMOG?! *runs off to find it*

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 11:06:28 pm
Can someone send me the link to the site? I cannot find anything appropriate on a Google Search. I will ban the ads and see if that helps.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Maestro69

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 08:40:28 am
Well, AM is made by an irishmen, so since they are slow people, its only natural it run slow, so they can keep up.... eh Stephen, aint i right ?  :wink:

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9679/auswaa1pk5.jpg[/img]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk